Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoe has cancer

Zoe has cancer

Zoe started getting wet around the lips on Wednesday. Yesterday and today she wanted to eat but didn't. I took her into the vet - she has an upcoming dental so I thought it might be a tooth.

Dr. Tara showed me the tumour under her tongue.

I've stopped crying for the moment. She will be getting prednisone for a few days to give her more time. Truth is, it gives me more time. I couldn't let her go today.

My sweet little foster failure, my Zoe. Oh my God.
    Last edited by Catty1; 04-07-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am very sorry to hear this. I know your pain, I have gone through this agony 3 times. I wish you and Zoe all the best.

Candace, I am so very sorry. You gave her a fantastic home and life.

Zoe, my darling niece kitty, I love you.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh Candace, I am so sorry! What a devastating diagnosis. I cried, too.
    I hope the prednisone will make her somewhat comfortable, and you two can enjoy as much time together as possible.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am sorry to hear this, Candace.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am so very sorry, Candace. You have given dearest Zoe the most loving and caring home for such a long time! I hope the prednisone will help. I know you and she treasure the time you have together.

We are sending loads of love and warm energies to Zoe and you and the other kitties.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

The temporary meds are helping her feel better - she just meowed and growled at Cole!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I'll give Zoe cuddles from you.

I haven't been able to get a pill down Zoe since Saturday night.

I have one large liquid syringe and today got liquid cat food with Pred in it down her gullet, 10 ml of water, and then took a warm damp cloth and wiped down her mouth, front legs and chest. Zoe has a marble under her tongue and can't eat or drink (though she wants to!) nor can she groom herself.

Shortly after that feeding I heard her yell twice at Cole. Good sign! She is now curled up - not hiding - and having a good nap.

Both vets are at the clinic today; my regular vet is in at 1 pm. I was there this morning to talk to the receptionist I deal with the most. She had no idea about Zoe as she is not there on Fridays.

Anyway, because Zoe runs and hides (very well) and I can't get a pill into her I have requested a depo-medrol shot for her - long acting Prednisone.

Because she has been running from me I don't want her still scared when her time is up and I'm holding her.

I'm waiting to hear from the receptionist.

Thank you all for your supportive thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by Catty1; 04-09-2018 at 06:32 PM.

I'm so sorry about Zoe, poor girl. But it's good you managed to get some liquid down her gullet, that's important. I hope she is not in pain. Give her all the love and care you can, until you have to say goodbye... I know you will.

Sending my best wishes and comfort to both of you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Give her some love from all of us, please!
    I've Been Frosted

You are such a good, caring Meowmie to precious Zoe, Candace. The love that you and she share shines through in every word you write.

We are sending our love and prayers and warm energies to you both, and to the other kitties too.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope Zoe can get the depo-medrol injection. I can imagine that anything in her mouth is uncomfortable.
    I'm glad that you were able to syringe feed her. Zoe couldn't ask for a more loving and dedicated mom.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thank you all so much.

I went out to my walking group as usual this morning and a couple of them are on Facebook. Of course then half the group knew what was up; many of them have pets and have the heartbreak of losing one. I got quite a few hugs and was in tears (darn it! If no one had said anything I would be ok...!)

So many good and caring people - I am beyond blessed.

I was able to get hold of her again and get 12 ml of warmed Whiskas cat milk, water and painkiller into her. I do it a bit at a time and she isn't getting as upset about it. I think she realizes she feels a lot better afterwards.

It's 25 minutes to 6 and no call from the vet yet. Of course, I know a lot of "extras" get discussed at the end of the day so I may even get a call after 6 pm.

I just want Zoe to feel better for a few days and to be able to eat and drink. I did get prices on the euth and urn so I'm not being unrealistic. I hope.

I didn't hear from my vet today. Things can happen - I believe I'll hear from them in the morning.

I crushed more prednisone and put it in the liquefied cat food. I gave her over 3 syringes of the stuff - over 30 ml.

A few minutes ago I gave her the Whiskas milk with gabapentin, again over 30 ml. I add water to both formulas.

She is out and about more today.

I'm glad to hear you managed to give her some liquid, that is bound to help her feel at least a little better. I hope the vet can give her the depo-medrol injection, also.

Best wishes!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.