Thread: Oi I am sooo relieved!!

Oi I am sooo relieved!!

Marigold was acting so crazy before begging & begging to go out. I didn't want her to go out with this crazy weather (it is storming so badly tonight) but when we were going out to snowblow she squeaked out before we could stop her. Anyway, to make a long story short, she came back an hour later. I was so afraid that she would take off & not come back tonight, but she did. Now she is snuggled in my lap, getting warm and purring.

I'm so glad that she came home and is now safe. Merry Christmas.

At 3:00 in the morning Mark woke up because she was yowling (the kind of noise they make when they go into heat). She has done this a couple of times before, and if we don't let her out, then she starts to pee in the house. (I knew she was acting very strange last night) We have talked to the vet about it, and they think that when she got fixed, they missed some ovarian tissue, so her hormones get messed up and she thinks she is in heat. I worry about her when she gets like this, but thankfully it will only last a day or two.

We have about 10" of snow on the ground from last Wednesday's storm and a temperature of 17 deg. F. Sometimes I let Tiger outside but yesterday morning she was not permitted out. But upon her insistance instead, I shut her in the back service room where there is no heat. Tiger stayed in there about 15 minutes, and then I let her out again. So far, she has not wanted outside again.

...........wayne

I'm really worried about Marigoldy tonight...she sounds so pitiful & pacing, pacing, pacing. She keeps going to the door like she wants out, but it is so dreadfully cold that I don't want her to go out. She meyowls and meyowls so loud, we can hear it upstairs at the other end of the house. I get so upset when she is like this...because she doesn't act/sound like a happy kitty. It's so mournful. This is the third or fourth time that she has gone into "heat" since we got her, and everytime it seems to get worse & worse. I'm so sad...

Can the vet do anything to help her feel more comfortable? Maybe he can give her something to help control her hormonal level. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, KAK...basically we have been told the only "cure" is to go in for surgery & try to find the tissue that was left behind. However that is very painful for the cat, and chances of actually finding it are pretty slim. The size of the tissue can be pretty small, and it's kind of like the proverbial "needle in the haystack". But they hadn't mentioned whether they can give a hormonal supplement or something. I think I will ask them about that.

What a bummer ... to have her spayed, and she still has to suffer!!! I've never heard of this happening, must be fairly rare! Poor Marigold, and poor mommy and daddy!!! I sure hope you can figure something out from your vet! GOOD LUCK!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thats my biggest fear, one of my babies getting outside. My sister thinks Im crazy b/c we dont let them out w/o being on leashes but Id never forgive myself if something happened to one of them....

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02