Thread: Loving Lulu

Loving Lulu

Hello, Lulu, although you crossed over the rainbow bridge in February, I know that you can still watch over your family and love them all the same. You really made their lives better, and although you didn't always get along with Kit Kat, you still gave him a companion and in a way, brought joy to his life too. Even though it may have took you some time to warm up to your new family, you eventually got used to having them love on you, and place little cat toys all around you in your bed
    I'm sure Kit Kat, the other kitten that joined the family, and all of your family members miss you terribly and will always remember and love you. I hope You had a long, healthy and happy life, Lulu.

Dear Lulu, what a beautiful girl you were, and now you are an even more beautiful kitty angel.
    I was so touched by your story. All the wait to warm up to your parents and fitting in with the other kitties was well worth it.
    Your pictures are amazing and heart warming.
    You were a strong headed little cat, who found her forever family late in life, but better late than never.
    Even though you were an "upstairs" kitty, you ruled the house with your tiny paw.
    And I whole heartedly agree with your parents: Adopting a senior pet is incredibly rewarding.
    Lulu, you are watching over your family from the Rainbow Bridge, and you are waiting for them.
    You were the kitty of a lifetime, and you will be missed and loved forever.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Fur Angel Lulu!

Dear angel Lulu, sweet baby girl...

It's never easy for a kitty at any age to be rehomed, to lose a devoted human, the comfort and peace of the only home he/she ever knew, but especially stressful and scary when that kitty is a senior, a "cranky old lady!" But thankfully, blessedly, you found your way to a family who would love you unconditionally! It wasn't easy at first, not for you nor your parents or Kit Kat! But with time and patience, and a bit of tweaking, somehow you all managed to make it work! And honestly, I do believe that you and Kit Kat were better friends than either of you let on! I'm so happy that you were able to live out your golden years in peace, Lulu, knowing the unconditional love of such a caring family. And I have no doubt you left this earth with your heart full of love, that you are now romping about the Rainbow Bridge, healthy and whole once more; reunited with your first mom/dad; sending down your love and gratitude to your 2nd family!

Endless thanks to your family for choosing to rescue a senior, providing one beautiful and deserving senior with the most loving of homes in which to live out her golden years. I know first hand how rewarding an experience that can be, and hopefully, after reading your heartwarming story, others will choose senior rescue too!

Lots of love to you, precious angel Lulu, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day!

How sweet is this!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Lulu, what a beautiful girl you are! You are such a pretty grey tabby, with that very distinctive marking in your fur, and that sweet face with the lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for posting all those great photos, which show your kitty housemates in some of them. I wish I could reach through the screen and ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! ...to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you for me .

And what a lovely story you have to tell! Your beloved first Meowmie passed away, and at age 13 you needed a new home. You came to your new Purrrsons first to be a pal for Kit Kat, the cat they already had. You and he didn't really hit it off, so you became the upstairs cat and he the downstairs one. You took a while to warm up to everyone, but you did. You had step-stools to get on all the beds, you helped Meowmie with her work upstairs, and from time to time you slipped downstairs to watch TV with the family. You did tolerate a new kitten that came along later. You earned your nickname "Cranky Old Lady" over the five years you lived with them, and you and all your family members (kitties included) love each other dearly, don't you.

You went to the Rainbow Bridge just last month at age 18, and we know you and they all miss each other very much. You are now a glorious Angel, whole and healthy again, reunited with your first Purrrsons. Please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of the dear family members you left behind, to reassure them that love is eternal, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day..

Congratulations, darling Lulu Angel, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and wonderful memories. We know your dear first Purrrsons and all the other Angels are rejoicing with you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being COTD beautiful Lulu Angel!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Oh wow! What a wonderful tribute to excellent peeps and a brilliant senior cat named Lulu! Not many people are even remotely interested in adopting old cats and anyone who does is a great person. I understand the reasons why but I also understand the need for a home for them and even more, they are almost 100% beautiful and loving little souls. Lulu was such a tiny and unique little one, clearly she was appreciated, wanted and cared for many years before she passed. Hurray for Beautiful little Lulu and her rock star family. Lulu is the best COTD in the world!! 😻