Thread: Precious Moony!

Precious Moony!

Hi Moony! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful Maine Coon boy you are Moony! You and my MC x Mollie (15 years young) could be twins!

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than having the honor of paying tribute to a seasoned kittyzen, and how very deserving you are, Moo! Your human is one lucky soul, having known your unconditional love and devoted companionship these many years, since the two of you were mere "babies!" You two may have started of on the wrong paw, but thankfully cooler (and older) heads prevailed and the rest is happy history! Every child should grow up knowing the love and friendship of an animal companion, and in you, her first, she was blessed with the best!

And now, as you enter your golden years, facing some serious health challenges, her love and appreciation for you only grows deeper, your time together, more cherished. It's so hard, seeing our furkids get holder and suffer poor health. But the sadness we may feel is a small price to pay for the priceless gift of unconditional love. I know, like all of us here, your human will cherish every minute of your time together, remembering all of those happy times you shared, with hopefully many more yet to come!

I know that Moo is getting old, and it is hard for me to think that an animal who has provided me with so much comfort and companionship for almost the entirety of my childhood will not be around forever. However, I know that Moo has lived a long life as one of the most-loved pets in the world, and I will forever cherish the time we have had together.
    Great thanks to your human for sharing your heartwarming backstory and heart-melting photos with us, Moo, giving us the chance to pay tribute to one EXTRA special boy, her best friend, her furry soul mate, her Cat of a Lifetime! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Moo, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats to senior Moo!

Note to Moo's people: Older cats with early-stage renal failure can respond WONDERFULLY to subcutaneous fluids- I've kept senior cats in some stage of renal failure comfortable, active and happy for years that way. Vet will provide lactated Ringer's solution (usually) - get Moo to stretch out on your legs while they're propped on a table or something, after you've WARMED the fluid to near cat body temp (cold sub-cu. fluids really aggravate my cats!)- put the needle under the cat's loosest skin behind the shoulder on one side or the other and let the fluid run under the skin- however much the vet says (usually 100-150mL at a sitting). The cat will have a loose "bag" of fluid dangling but it reabsorbs quickly and doesn't seem to cause them any problems, and it works WONDERS for them- mine have enjoyed long, happy lives in renal failure, one for 4-1/2 years, finally passing at 21 years old......

Hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, know that Moo can have lots more time with you- happy, comfortable time.....
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlkat View Post
    Note to Moo's people: Older cats with early-stage renal failure can respond WONDERFULLY to subcutaneous fluids- I've kept senior cats in some stage of renal failure comfortable, active and happy for years that way. Vet will provide lactated Ringer's solution (usually) - get Moo to stretch out on your legs while they're propped on a table or something, after you've WARMED the fluid to near cat body temp (cold sub-cu. fluids really aggravate my cats!)- put the needle under the cat's loosest skin behind the shoulder on one side or the other and let the fluid run under the skin- however much the vet says (usually 100-150mL at a sitting). The cat will have a loose "bag" of fluid dangling but it reabsorbs quickly and doesn't seem to cause them any problems, and it works WONDERS for them- mine have enjoyed long, happy lives in renal failure, one for 4-1/2 years, finally passing at 21 years old......

Hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, know that Moo can have lots more time with you- happy, comfortable time.....
    Thank you so much for the info, that might really help us or anyone in the future!

Blog Entries
    Moony is a profoundly adorable senior cat! What a sweetheart, he is certainly lovely and a perfect COTD! I remember well my first scratch and the first time I was bitten by an innocent, saintly kitten. I was really young and didn't care for it much either It's so wonderful to honor your dear Moo today, he's the very best!!!

Dearest Moony, a.k.a. Moo, what a gorgeous Maine Coon fellow you are! You are so beautiful with that long, fluffy fur that looks so soft, and that sweet face with those long white whiskers and the lovely big eyes, and how about that tail! You are Purrrfect in all those great photos, and in that one of you turning your back up, are you looking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Everett, WA to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will rub your tummy if you want it rubbed and pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! You joined your dear family back just before your special young friend entered kindergarten, and you have been together ever since. Your dear Purrrsons have many family stories regarding you and your antics... the Christmas you ate a strand of tinsel (that can cause trouble!), the times you would snatch whatever food you could find unattended from the coffee table, the times you snuggled up with your young friend in bed, offering comfort through difficult preteen years. Now he/she has started college and finds it difficult to leave you as your health has begun to fade. You've survived a bout of liver disease, and were diagnosed in March with chronic feline kidney disease. You are hanging in there, though, and are always ready to cuddle up on the couch with your dear friend when she/he comes home for breaks. He/she finds it hard to think the animal who has provided her/him with so much comfort and companionship for almost the entirety of childhood won't always be around, but know that you have lived a long life as one of the most-loved and most-loving pets in the world and will be forever cherished. You and she/he and all your dear Purrrsons love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Moony, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear special friend and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe some special chicken nuggets, breadsticks, and even cheese!

Last edited by phesina; 02-08-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Moony, what a handsome Maine Coon boy you are. You look so soft in all your fluffiness, and your face is so adorable with those ear tuffsies and your long whiskers.
    Your person had the privilege to grow up with you by their side. You went through many adventures together, and now, as a senior kitty, you are always ready for a cuddle, when he/she visits from college.
    Even though you are facing some health challenges, you are hanging in there, and you will always be in your person's heart.
    Moony, you are a most special kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration.
    Keep enjoying your golden years.

Congratulations on being today's COTD, handsome Moony!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Moony/Moo!

Dearest sweet Moo,

Just from the words your dear mommy wrote about you, I can tell how much love she has in her heart for you. I also know that you have that same love in your heart for her.
    Your mommy wants you to know that although the you are getting older, she will forever cherish your time together, all those special memories you have cuddling together when your mom was going through hard times. And the time you swallowed tinsel! And all of the times when you stole food off the coffee table! All of those memories are special and I hope you have many more memories like those.
    You will always, always, always be loved, precious Moony!!!

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Moony!

What a handsome boy you are! Your fuffly coat is beautiful and your tail is impressive, and you have the sweetest face!

I'm so glad your family adopted you all these years ago. In spite of biting your little skin sister, she soon fell in love with you, like the rest of your family.

You and your family have had so many adventures together all these years... you have comforted your special person all through childhood, and I hope you will around for a long time, yet - in spite of your health issues. How lucky your family are to have had such a sweet companion. They love you very much and will do whatever they can to keep you healthy.

Enjoy a day of fun and celebration and gentle tummy rubs, get pampered with your favourite treats and lots of love. I wish you many more happy and healthy years sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.