Thread: Kona Dog of a Lifetime

Kona Dog of a Lifetime

Kona, beautiful Labbie boy~

My heart broke into a million pieces and tears filled my eyes, learning that you will be taken from your family long before your time, Kona. As a dog lover, as a life long Lab lover and mom, I know just how special a breed is yours. But you, dear Kona, exceed by leaps and bounds all of those traits we have come to cherish in your beloved breed. As your mom/dad says, it's incomprehensible that a pup as beautiful, as loyal and loving, as special as you would come to find himself homeless. Then again, having worked in Lab rescue for years, sadly, I have an idea.

But blessedly you finally found your way to that forever home you always deserved, sweetheart, relishing with unmatched exuberance all that life has to offer. That's a Lab for you! (I live by the ocean, so know first hand how you kids love rolling in those stinky dead things! Silly pups!) But as stunning as you are in looks, Kona, as impressive as your athleticism is and your antics endearing, it's your big heart and unwavering devotion to your humans, your unconditional love you hold for all things living, the comfort and joy you have brought to your family's life since day one, that sets you paws above the rest. Yes, you truly are a treasure, Kona, one amazing pup, and we are so grateful to your family for sharing your heartwarming backstory and cherished memories, their heart-melting photos us giving us the honor of paying tribute to one beautiful boy, one most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY day, a Dog of a Lifetime.

So I wanted to share him with the world because he is such a treasure. People stop me to say what a gorgeous dog and good boy. He is friendly, but very intense. You definitely have his full attention when you meet him. He has an amazing heart and his deep brown eyes melt you and warm you at the same time.
    If indeed a Christmas miracle is not to be had, Kona, and I hold out hope that there might be, I hope your family takes comfort in knowing that thanks to them, their decision to choose rescue, one beautiful Lab named Kona will leave for the Rainbow Bridge with his heart full of love, gone for a while, but never to be forgotten; that one fine day he and his wonderful family will be together once again. I hope you're able to enjoy a peaceful, comfortable day of celebration, dear Kona, basking in the love of your family and dear furry siblings. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, precious Kona, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, today and every day, forever and always. Love, gentle hugs and kisses to you, precious Kona.

Beautiful Kona, loving life~

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Kona Bean

Name:  01e.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  421.6 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    What a handsome boy you are.
    It is so sad that you have only a short time to live.
    The saying is "the good die young".
    You have had a wonderful life after being rescued.
    That has to be some comfort to those who love you.

My heart is broken into a million pieces for you, dear Kona Bean. I hate cancer so much

HUGS to you and your dear owner

Leslie and the 27 Fids and Domino the Rabbit

Dearest Kona, what a beautiful dog you are, and thank you for sharing those terrific photos of you! You are adorable in every one of them. And what a wonderful friend you are to your dear people and doggies and all who know you. I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis. I join in prayers for that Christmas miracle too. However long you are with your dear people and dear friends, you are the gift of a lifetime. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home and life you are sharing!

Congratulations, darling Kona, on being chosen today's Dog of the Day! We hope you and your dear family members and all your friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Kona is so perfect, what a gift indeed! I'm sure I have no idea why Kona had to get such a terrible diagnosis. I definately do know that his family will make every single second count and he will be loved and cherished for the rest of his magnificent life. Huge love and hugs to Kona and all his peeps!

I am sorry you won't be here much longer, Kona. Congratulations on being Dog of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana