Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poor Zazou is VERY ill

Lut, I know how hard this is, but you have to think of Zazou's quality of life. You know, cats rarely let you know if they are in pain. Ask yourself... is she comfortable and enjoying her life?

I read some advice on the web about when to say goodbye, perhaps this will help you decide. If you decide to say goodbye, is it possible that the vet come to your house?

I send Zazou, you and your family love, comfort and hugs.

Do pursue every option to your satisfaction

If there's something that can be done, then pursue it. Understand that we all have our different financial constraints that we must operate under. And for each family there are different values. Each family is different and can only allocate so many resources. So knowing this, use your resources to do everything you can for the best quality of life as long as possible. This may include pursuing alternative treatments like acupuncture or herbal formulas, depending on the nature of what is ailing your kitty. If you have pursued all options the extent that you are able than that helps remove feelings of guilt.
    Do evaluate if your cat is still having fun

What is your kitty's favorite thing to do? If she is still doing this and having fun, then the time has not come to put her down. For some families, things have changed slowly over time but it seems like their cat favorite thing to do is sleep or eat. These are not the quality activities he used to do as a kitten. Think of what behavior defines your cat - stalking a toy, playing get the mouse with your toes under the blanket, these are the things that say your cat still enjoys life.
    Do accept that when it becomes time it is a loving decision

Because we love our kitties is why we even consider the euthanasia option. We don't want to see our four-legged baby suffer. But sometimes it is a hard decision as they cannot tell us directly that they are ready to go. Therefore we have to make the decision for them and we do it out of love.
    Do celebrate life and the good times you shared

We share our lives with cats so it is a better place for both of us. So when the time comes, it honors our time together when we think about all of the good times. Lamenting what we perhaps could've done differently does not honor the bond - it weakens it. Cats share their lives with us to bring beauty; beauty comes with joy and happy memories.

Do not delay when the reason is for yourself

Some cat parents know that it is more than past time for their beloved kitty to pass on. But for some reason these people simply cannot let it happen. And they understand that this is something on the inside of them. They know their cat is asking to go, and they know their cat is not having fun anymore, But they can't make the decision. The other tips will help these families in this very hard decision.

Do not delay when it becomes clear that your cat is suffering

When it becomes obvious that it's time, gather your family quickly. There are veterinarians who will come to your house or the whole family can come to the veterinary clinic. Regardless, to best honor your beloved kitty, do it quickly so your baby has peace. It is not every situation where it becomes obvious that it's time all of a sudden, but when it does embrace it with love.

Do not blame your self

Part of the grieving process includes bargaining. We bargain with our memories and we chastise ourselves that maybe we should've done something differently. The past is done, it cannot be undone, therefore cherish the past and love your cat, and yourself, by not blaming yourself.

Here is a few more links:
    http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Healt...on/goodbye.cfm

https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/time-say-goodbye-your-cat

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you Randi for posting this text for us!!!!
    Zazou is still the same, not eating anything... .
    But, we're sure she still enjoyes being around:
    ---> She has always enjoyed playing in our garden. Playing with leaves, chasing the birds, etc... ; though she is very weak, she keeps begging to be allowed to go outside... . This morning my husband went outside with her, and she was really happy with this. Then he put her on the ground and let her do that's she loves most: walk around. He followed her making sure she couldn't go into hiding. She went to all her favorite places. 10 minutes later, they both came back inside. We're so glad to let her do this, because she really loved it; she was purring all the time! Right now she is back in her favorite basket

We won't help her to cross the bridge yet, not when she doesn't want this.....
    Zazou
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Randi sent me this - from Zazou's politicat-ly active dancing days ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Thank you Randi for posting this text for us!!!!
    Zazou is still the same, not eating anything... .
    But, we're sure she still enjoyes being around:
    ---> She has always enjoyed playing in our garden. Playing with leaves, chasing the birds, etc... ; though she is very weak, she keeps begging to be allowed to go outside... . This morning my husband went outside with her, and she was really happy with this. Then he put her on the ground and let her do that's she loves most: walk around. He followed her making sure she couldn't go into hiding. She went to all her favorite places. 10 minutes later, they both came back inside. We're so glad to let her do this, because she really loved it; she was purring all the time! Right now she is back in her favorite basket

We won't help her to cross the bridge yet, not when she doesn't want this.....
    Zazou
    What good news! We're so glad you enjoyed your time outdoors with Dad, complete with a nice walk around to all your favorite places!

Wonderful warm wishes to sweet Zazou and you all from us.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Randi sent me this - from Zazou's politicat-ly active dancing days ....

Woohooo!! I had forgotten al about this !! In fact I don't have that picture with Zazou dancing...!!
    Thank you for posting this !!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am thinking of you and Zazou- I hope her days are still good ❤️

Thanks for caring!
    Zazou is not eating anymore, at most 5 to 10g per day is her maximum..... , today nothing yet...
    She is now skin and bone .....!
    But despite this, she is still so enjoying her favorite habits as walking in the garden, visiting all her favorite spots there, watching the birds (we always hang birdfood in our trees), dreaming of catching a birdie, porring whenever we pet her, etc.... . Because of these things, we just don't have the heart to go to the vet and letting him help her to the Bridge.... . Are we doing wrong?? I don't really know....
    We both love her immensely much

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Thanks for caring!
    Zazou is not eating anymore, at most 5 to 10g per day is her maximum..... , today nothing yet...
    She is now skin and bone .....!
    But despite this, she is still so enjoying her favorite habits as walking in the garden, visiting all her favorite spots there, watching the birds (we always hang birdfood in our trees), dreaming of catching a birdie, porring whenever we pet her, etc.... . Because of these things, we just don't have the heart to go to the vet and letting him help her to the Bridge.... . Are we doing wrong?? I don't really know....
    We both love her immensely much

As long as she is enjoying herself, you are doing nothing wrong, Lut! Enjoy every day with her, as I know you are. These days and moments are precious as diamonds.
    I've Been Frosted

As Karen said, as long as Zazou can still find joy in her daily routines, there's nothing wrong with leaving her be and loving her as much as you do.
    I think these are the hardest moments living with a beloved pet. No matter what, there is always guilt involved, and talking to the vet and other pet parents can be helpful.
    It is important though to assess your own comfort level even if Zazou still seems to be enjoying life.
    Does it bother you to see her like this... The exact right moment can never be known.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    As Karen said, as long as Zazou can still find joy in her daily routines, there's nothing wrong with leaving her be and loving her as much as you do.
    I think these are the hardest moments living with a beloved pet. No matter what, there is always guilt involved, and talking to the vet and other pet parents can be helpful.
    It is important though to assess your own comfort level even if Zazou still seems to be enjoying life.
    Does it bother you to see her like this... The exact right moment can never be known.
    Well the only fact that bothers me is that she is'nt touching her food.... ; for the rest: we both love her to pieces, we love her as if she is our own kid! Seeing her running in our garden, seeing her visiting all her favorite spots, hearing her loud purr, it all makes us happy, it even makes us living her more and more..., every single day !!!

We will go back to the vet tomorrow; Zazou completely stopped eating

I will be thinking about you and Zazou. Good luck at the vet!

We are thinking of Zazou and all of you and sending our love. Best wishes at the vet's.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Popp
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending big. comforting hugs. Love you all!
    I've Been Frosted

Sending prayers and positive thoughts!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana