Thread: Charming Chica

Charming Chica

Beautiful cat. Great story. I hope you will, through your grief, look for a new cat to help fill the void. There are so many that need a home!

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Chica!

First, I will give my deepest condolences to your family - what a loss.

Chica, you were such a beautiful Manx, with a soft shiny black coat and stunning amber colored eyes... you gave your family so much joy for more them fithteen years, and they miss you terribly. They will keep you in their hearts forever and treassure the time you had together. I'm glad they got so many wonderful pictures of you.

You were indeed a special kitty, a constant companion for your mom, and later for your dad, too. I can tell yoiu had a lot of fun together... playing with scraps of cloth, paper bags and whatever you could find, but you favourite toys were a rope your mom made for you. you loved swatting those, and when you had exhausted yourself, you plopped down in a cardboard box. you must have been such fun to have around.

In your later years, you became a professional lap sitter. How lucky your parents were that you also slept with them in bed - and you even got your own heated cat bed.

I love the tales about your various fantasy worlds... "The Hinden-Chica" your defense company "Chica Corp" and the untamed "African jungle cat." What a character you were! I can fully understand how your dad sees glimpses of you in the shadows - I did too, when I lost my dear Fister in 2013.

Chica, please send your parents a sign that you have been welcomed by the kitties on the Rainbow Bridge who came before you. I wish you a day of celebrating and fun. You were loved very much and have left a huge hole in your parents hearts, but you will never be forgotten, Chica.

Reading with you mom... such a sweetheart!
    Last edited by Randi; 01-07-2018 at 11:13 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Chica, what a beautiful Manx girl you were in life, and now an even more beautiful angel kitty at the Rainbow Bridge. Your shiny coat looks so soft, and your face is so incredibly sweet with those amber eyes.
    Your pictures capture your beauty and playfulness perfectly.
    Your dad told us those wonderful stories, about the world you shared with your parents, and the hidden world of cats, which, I know for sure, exist. We shall never completely understand, but it adds to the miracle a kitty represents.
    I am so very sorry that you had to leave your beloved mom and dad who gave you this wonderful home with so much love.
    The hole in your family's heart can never be filled, but you will never be forgotten, and you will watch over them from the Rainbow Bridge.

Angel Chica~

Dear fur angel Chica~

I can't tell you how moved I was, reading your daddy's beautifully penned, heartfelt, love filled tribute to his and your mommy's precious girl, their ever faithful best furry family member and best bud, their Cat of a Lifetime. And oh, how my heart melted, learning of those magical, mysterious, fantasy kitty worlds you would sometimes visit, the immeasurable joy your brought to your pawrents lives each and every day of those wonderful 15 years, 7 months. You even helped hone your daddy's kitty care skills once he joined the family, turning him into the most devoted daddy a kitty could ever hope for.

But with his closing paragraph came the tears, realizing that you had indeed left for the Rainbow Bridge. We can only imagine your mom and dad's sense of loss and profound grief, the hole left in their hearts at your passing. For no matter how long a life our furkids may be blessed with, for us humans not even forever is time enough together. But how blessed your mommy and daddy were, having known your unconditional love and constant companionship those many years. And now, having earned your angel wings, you take on the role of sentinel to the world, your bright and beautiful spirit illuminating the heavens, warming all at the Rainbow Bridge and beyond. And Chica, send down your love to comfort yout mom and dad. They miss you so very much.

To Chica's dear mom and dad...Thank you so much for sharing your precious Chica with us, giving us the chance to honor one extra special girl, the love you and she shared. She truly was one in a million, beautiful body and soul, your Cat of a Lifetime. I hope seeing her being honored here today brings you some small measure of comfort. And until that happy day of reunion, when you and Chica are together once more, keep on the lookout for glimpses of her in the shadows, a dark dirigible gliding silently through the night, watching over her beloved mom and dad.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    I was very touched by your loving and wonderful tribute to your darling Chica. It is perfectly clear how profoundly she was adored and we are so sorry for your loss. Many of us can relate to the pain that you are feeling. She was an outstanding beauty and a sweetheart of the highest order. I loved seeing Chica as COTD and her pictures are all magnificent. Thanks for nominating her.

Oh, dearest Chica Angel, what a beautiful girl you are! That sleek black fur looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face ever, with those long whiskers that are a mixture of black ones and white ones with one thicker white one, and that sweet face with those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you so much to your dear Dad for posting that stunning gallery of photos. I wish I could reach ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you for me .

And what a wonderful Purrrsonality you have, and what a heartwarming, uplifting story of your life with your dear Purrrents your Dad has written for us! You came to your dear Mom when you were four months of age. Dad joined the family later, and you and they were together ever since. When you were younger, you made them smile with your energy and antics. You liked to play with paper bags and old scraps of cloth and the felt rope that Mom made for you. As you got older, you were less active but became a professional lap sitter. At night you slept with them, perched on top of Mom. You also shared ideas with them of your secret cat world, piloting your dirigible "The Hinden-Chica" silently through the night, smuggling arms across international lines through your defense company ChicaCorp, or patrolling their patio as an untamed African jungle cat.

Yesterday you went to the Rainbow Bridge, and your dear Purrrents are missing and grieving you greatly. Please send some Angelic purrrs to their hearts to remind them that love is eternal, you are with them always, and you will welcome them Home... One Fine Day...

Meanwhile, they are watching for that dark dirigible, gliding silently through the night. You and they love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful, love-filled home you shared and will always share! To Chica's dear Purrrents, may your beloved keepsakes and memories help to bring you comfort.

Congratulations, darling Chica, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents are enjoying a fine celebration together in spirit, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite Angelic games and treats, maybe even some heavenly Blue Buffalo treats! We know all the other Angels are rejoicing with you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Loving Chica

Chica the Manx, the Cat of the Day

What a beautiful, sweet, loving girl you are Chica! Your mommy and daddy love you with so very much! I know that you will keep on watching over them and loving them in the Rainbow Bridge.

Your parents made your life filled with love! And you filled theirs with love as well.

I hope that you have lots of cloth and paper bags to play with in the Rainbow Bridge! Also many Fine Blue Buffalo Treats! I know that you are still the same beautiful, soft, sweet kitty that you have always been.

Just know that you will always be remembered and definitely never stop being loved.

Congrats to beautiful Chica Angel for being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Chica

Thank you for your story. Chica was a lucky girl and I wish all animals got the love she did. I am sorry for your loss, but I am happy for the 15 years you had with her to make her little life happy.

Thank you all for such nice replies. It helped a lot to read such compassionate messages - it really helped me get through the week.