Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

I'm watching the National Dog Show on NBC... so many different dogs! Little dogs, big ones, fluffy and sleek dogs! I am grateful for all the PT dogs and their people
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    I love every breed, how one would go about choosing just one is beyond me. I love 'em all. Every single one!

Okay, been getting a lot of spam, with the subject "Drink this and get all your hair back by Christmas!" Um, I have a mop of hair, and haven't gotten it cut in a while, just too busy (and no Paul to remind me). Getting up in the morning, I sometime have to bat hair out of my face to put my glasses on. whenever I sweep or vacuum, it's obvious I shed a lot of hair as well. I cannot imagine, nor would I ever want all of that "back!" Sheesh!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay, been getting a lot of spam, with the subject "Drink this and get all your hair back by Christmas!" Um, I have a mop of hair, and haven't gotten it cut in a while, just too busy (and no Pul to remind me). Getting up in the morning, I sometime have to bat hair out of my face to put my glasses on. whenever I sweep or vacuum, it's obvious I shed a lot of hair as well. I cannot imagine, nor would I ever want all of that "back!" Sheesh!
    Can you forward the spam to somebody who does want their hair back?
    What flavor is this miracle beverage? It's not eggnog, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Can you forward the spam to somebody who does want their hair back?
    What flavor is this miracle beverage? It's not eggnog, is it?
    No idea, I never actually open the emails. And I am sure people who want their hair back already get plenty of emails to that effect!
    I've Been Frosted

I've had a cold for two and a half weeks. Went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics for bronchitis and a sinus infection (yuck!), and they're working. Tonight is church choir, focus is on the music for Advent. I wish I felt a lot better.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Glad you are on the mend at least!
    I've Been Frosted

There's a recall on romaine lettuce in the Chicago area. At first it was only bagged, pre-washed salad products; but now I think it is all romaine. I bought iceberg lettuce instead, for the time being.

Scary stuff - but are they saying if you have it, just wash the lettuce before using it?
    I've Been Frosted

I bought store-brand oyster crackers to take to work with soup. They're not as good as the name brand. *disappointed*

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    There's a recall on romaine lettuce in the Chicago area. At first it was only bagged, pre-washed salad products; but now I think it is all romaine. I bought iceberg lettuce instead, for the time being.
    To be on the safe side, I'm not using any leaf lettuce. I make my salads with cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    To be on the safe side, I'm not using any leaf lettuce. I make my salads with cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms.
    That sounds delicious! I'd leave out the mushrooms, which I don't like. I'd put some mozzarella cheese in for the protein. Yum! Thank you for the idea, I've been eating oatmeal for lunch at work and I'm getting tired of the same thing every day.

Thought of some activities for today.

thoughts about what to interest yourself on vacation days.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    thoughts about what to interest yourself on vacation days.
    Let's see -

Go for a walk and bring a bag with you - and see how many pieces of trash you can find and pick up along the way

Go to the library and ask a librarian for what her or his favorite book to read would be

Write one letter a day to a friend or relative, or older person who might be lonely

Think of a new skill you'd like to acquire - make a list of them, Then pick one and start researching on how to accomplish it!
    I've Been Frosted