Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monroe update

Loving thoughts and healling energies and prayers are on their way for Monroe and you, Heidi.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you, Pat!
    This afternoon, I got a pred dose from Monroe's vet. I hope he (and his heart) will tolerate it.
    Monroe is on 7 (!) meds now. Never in a million years would I have anticipated all that when I bottlefed him
    9 1/2 years ago!

Monroe, you have the most loving Meowmie! And loads of friends (including us) who are thinking of you and sending along loads of love. 😸😸😸

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Prayers and love for you and Monroe!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you so much, Pat and Candace!

Monroe has been doing well up until Thursday. Both of his eyes started draining and he could barely keep them open.
    I took him to work, and his veterinarian said he had conjunctivitis, probably stress induced. No medicines needed, just his daily lysine.
    At lunchtime, a co-worker alerted me that Monroe was standing in his kennel, coughing. When I got there, he had coughed up fluid, and his breathing was labored. I caught the vet before she left for lunch, and we took x-rays.
    He had quite a bit of fluid around his lungs, most likely caused by the low-dose prednisolone he was taking for his skin. I felt horrible because I knew the pred was risky in his condition (the vet, though, had approved of it).
    So now I have to stop it without weening him off (which can be dangerous as well) and double up on his fluid pill.
    He is still not feeling well today, his respiratory rate is still faster than I like it to be and his eyes are draining badly.
    He is resting right now. I hope the furosemide (fluid pill) will take care of this soon.
    Please send some positive thoughts.

Positive thoughts and prayers and warm healing energies and loads of love are coming your way for Monroe and you all.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    Death thought about it.

Oh Monroe, I'm so sorry your eyes are draining and you have problems breathing. I hope the furosemide will take care of it and you will feel better soon. Have a good rest, sweetie!

Heidi, I'm glad you work at the vets, so if anything changes, you can deal with it immediately.

Sending love and positive thoughts for Monroe - and hugs to you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Prayers for precious Monroe - you are so brave! Oh, Heidi - I hope he improves soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you, Pat, Randi and Candace!
    Monroe is still a little tired, and especially his right eye is bothering him. At least he's eating well.
    Tomorrow, he will be rechecked, and hopefully the higher dose of furosemide will have made a difference.

Good news! The increased furosemide dose has significantly reduced the fluid around Monroe's lungs.
    He's back now to his regular dose.
    Thank you for all the well wishes.

Oh, that's wonderful! Good news indeed, Monroe, and all your family!!!

Death thought about it.

Great news indeed. Keep it up dear Monroe.

Monroe started tearing up his skin again. Since September, he has been on Apoquel (an anti-itch medication for dogs), since he can't use steroids because of his heart failure. It's not approved for cats, but has been used experimentally with some success.
    Up until now, Monroe's allergies seemed to be controlled with this medication. And now he's incredibly itchy again.
    His vet said that we might have to use steroids again, but I am very scared. Last time we did, he developed fluid around his lungs, and could barely breathe.
    The vet said that it is a quality-of-life issue, meaning he can't live without his skin. True, but his heart might be even more important...
    I will try Chlorpheniramine (an antihistamine) again, along with the Apoquel, but I don't have high hopes.
    All of this makes me very sad, since I can't seem to make him comfortable.
    Please send some healing thoughts to Monroe. He'll send some loud purrs and headbumpies in return.

Name:  monface2-a.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  46.7 KB

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts to Monroe and You!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana