Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I know and no, Oscar will not eat the wet food. He did crunch some of the dry food this morning. However, he was actually drinking water from the fountain and the water bowl. I haven't every caught him doing that.

I'll be at my regular vet today and ask about a different brand of dissolution food.

I'm doing ok with his meds but cannot find the eyedrops anywhere.
    Oscar, did you hide your eyedrops?

I found the eyedrops - they were right there in plain sight!

I called the clinic where Oscar stayed to ask if he could get a Convenia shot instead of being pilled. YES! He is going to my local vet at 5:30 today and will give him his eyedrops also. That way I can see how they do it. I could always dose him when he's sleepy...

Tomorrow I will get a refund for the canned food he won't eat and will try Purina UR vet food, the wet stuff. I may take the RC SO kibble back. He likes it but I think it's too hard on his gums. He has very few teeth left.

Of course, Cole and Zoe both love the stuff that Oscar hates.

Tried Oscar on the Hill's CD wet food. He sorta eats it. He was up on the kitchen counters around 4 this morning, looking for food. I got the bowl of kibble and started adding small chunks of the CD. He was eating!

Still stressed and tear-prone with all the adjustment and the seriousness of Oscar's condition. Only one pill to give him now and two liquid meds. It'll all be good.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Convenia is the best thing that ever happened to cats. I remember when it first came on the market, and a sigh of relief went through the catpeople community, me included.
    I'm glad that you found a food he eats. Everything would be so much easier if those little furballs weren't that picky.
    Oscar, be a good boy for your mom. She loves you so much, and she will do whatever it takes to get you healthy again.
    Heidi
    I just wanted to add for anybody not familiar with Convenia that it is an injectable antibiotic that works for 2 weeks in the body, eliminating the need for pills. It is also used in dogs.
    Last edited by cats4ever; 09-06-2017 at 08:24 PM.

I returned the Royal Canin SO wet food and kibble today for a refund. I bought two cans of Purina UR (vet level of food).

Oscar loves it. THANK GOD!!!

So away we go.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Way to go, Oscar and Candace!