Thread: Cat in labor stealing other kittens

Cat in labor stealing other kittens

We have a cat that seems to be in labor. The problem is that she keeps returning to carry off two other kittens. The kittens are approximately five weeks old. I have had to resort to spraying the pregnant cat with a spray bottle of water when she grabs the kittens by the nap of their neck. She will then run off and a few minutes later she returns to do the same again. This has been going on for two hours now. Why is she doing this now when she hasn't done this before up to this point? What do we need to do about it?

Can you move the other kittens to a room where she cannot hear them or get to them? She must be hearing their cries and confusing them with her own unborn kittens!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Can you move the other kittens to a room where she cannot hear them or get to them? She must be hearing their cries and confusing them with her own unborn kittens!
    Yes, common sense is usually the best as Karen said. Is separating then cats possible?

Blog Entries
    There are other solutions if not, just keep asking questions and we could help you work it out with Pet Talk peeps me thinks eh

If your cat is in labour it can't be long before she gives birth... seems she can wait to get her kittens.
    How does the mom of the kittens react? She must be nearby.

The best is probably to separate the cat in labour from the kittens. Could it be that she has some problems? Perhaps have a vet check her.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Randi; 07-17-2017 at 05:38 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.