Thread: 17 years ago that Luna was Cat of the Day!

17 years ago that Luna was Cat of the Day!

I introduced Pet Talk and Pet of the Day to a friend yesterday and it was then that I realized that today's an anniversary: 17 years ago, Luna - then a kitten - has been Cat of the Day, and this was when I found Pet Talk as well. How time flies!

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2000/August/15.html

Today, Luna is at the final stage of her life, 17 years old with some mysterious neuro-muscular disorder which is giving her a really hard time. But she's a brave girl and still loves to be with her mom.

Dear Luna! What a darling kitten she was, and what a beautiful senior cat she is! to Luna, Lily and Kirsten from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How delightful! Congratulations to Lovely Miss Luna on your 17th anniversary of being Cat of the Day! You, and your sister Lily, continue to be Cats of the Day every day at home with your dear Kirsten, don't you .

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, she was Cat of the Day on Paul's birthday! Happy COTDanniversary. pretty girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Luna, what a beautiful old lady you are. Senior kitties rule!

It is good to hear from you again!
    Happy 17th COTD anniversary Luna!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Happy 17th Anniversary, sweet Luna!

She was such a cute kitten, ans is still beautiful. Many of us have followed her life for all these years, and now she getting old and fragile. In spite of her ailments I hope she can still have some quality time with you, Kirsten.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Luna is such a beautiful girl. Both girls have lived long and wonderful lives because of your care and love.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

17 years ago that Luna was Cat of the Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I introduced Pet Talk and Pet of the Day to a friend yesterday and it was then that I realized that today's an anniversary: 17 years ago, Luna - then a kitten - has been Cat of the Day, and this was when I found Pet Talk as well. How time flies!

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2000/August/15.html

Today, Luna is at the final stage of her life, 17 years old with some mysterious neuro-muscular disorder which is giving her a really hard time. But she's a brave girl and still loves to be with her mom.

Luna looks great and I'll know you'll cherish each day with Luna. it's important to you and important to Luna. My Bengal cat Baxter passed away 4 months ago of 18 years of love and joy. After he turned 17 years old I would get my breakfast and he would sit on my lap. AsI waited for my oatmeal to cool off I would read Dr. Seuss books to him. He loved looking at the pictures
    too. And when that day came to take him to the vet for the last time we both smiled of the time we spent so much together. He was very calm and so was I until I got home.

Luna, you are a beautiful, mature lady! Congratulations on your 17th anniversary as COTD, what an accomplishment.
    And congratulations to your mom. You made it this far with her unconditional love and her excellent care.

Incredible moment! best wishes for you Luna.

Happy Anniversary Luna. You're such a beautiful girl. Sending you a big hug. ❤️❤️❤️🤗
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21