Thread: CANADIAN CORNER: Poutine comes to Ann Arbor!

CANADIAN CORNER: Poutine comes to Ann Arbor!

Canadian Corner -- Poutine on South U [July 7, 2017]
    "You don't really see anybody cater to Canadians," says Joel Northam. He and his partners have decided to try. Northam, Toine Murphy, Craig Comer, and Hilaire Tolsma have opened a two-in-one "Canadian corner" at South University and Forest. Half popular Canadian franchise and half college town bar, Smoke's Poutinerie and The Beaver Trap opened in the first week of June.

Sometimes styled Canada's "national dish," poutine originated in mid-twentieth-century Quebecois diners. Smoke's version, in Murphy's words, consists of "fresh-cut never-frozen fries ... squeaky-fresh high-end cheese [curds] with high-end flavor, and gravy ... it's fun, it's fast, it's hot, it's fresh." Smoke's has more than seventy restaurants across Canada, and sponsors a "world poutine eating championship" every year.

Read on....
    http://annarborobserver.com/s/canadi...l_article.html
    Last edited by phesina; 07-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Heh-heh, I am very Canadian and have lived in Canada for all my life, 54 yrs. I have never eaten or been offered Poutine, sounds delicious though. I think that it is an unhealthy,fast food item offered at certain spots and l am actually hesitant to try it as it sounds really yummy and very unhealthy, pretty sure I would like it. What's not to like, giving me the munchies right now!!!

Is this more an eastern Canada thing? It is French Canadian. Do they serve poutine in B.C.?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery