Thread: Thursday #692 The 'dog' days of Summer?

Thursday #692 The 'dog' days of Summer?

It has been hotter than sin the last week and I think a few days of slushies, pool time and lounging around are in order.

It's too hot to even think about it!!!!

I think some margaritas are in order.........

By the seement mixer kind of order!!

Done.

I'll take a LARGE virgin strawberry margarita. We have a heat warning for the next couple of days!

Nothing like what so many southern states get - but 86F today and 88F tomorrow.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Barkeep, I'd like a virgin strawberry margarita too, please. (opening chips and salsa to go with margaritas)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'll take a real margarita please. With Patrone and triple sec.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Is there a "Weizen" (wheat) beer available? Very cold, please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Is there a "Weizen" (wheat) beer available? Very cold, please. Thanks.
    One cold one!

Done.

A seement mixer 'o margaritas, coming right up.

Chips and fresh salsa too!

I have a recipe for salsa, if anyone is interested!

Done, done done.....I am feeling exceptionally good today!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    One cold one!

Done.

A seement mixer 'o margaritas, coming right up.

Chips and fresh salsa too!

I have a recipe for salsa, if anyone is interested!

Done, done done.....I am feeling exceptionally good today!!!!
    I'm interested in your salsa recipe Richard. Love fresh salsa!
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I'm interested in your salsa recipe Richard. Love fresh salsa!
    Well, If you send a money order - no checks - in the amount of 2,000.00 dollars.....

Kidding.

This recipe doesn't have any set amounts.....it's more a science than a orderly gathering of ingredients?

Tomatoes
    Cilantro
    Onions
    Yellow chilies
    Garlic salt.
    Lime juice.

There are variations on the kind of tomatoes/onions you can use......Some people like Roma tomatoes - they don't get mushy as fast as regular tomatoes and you
    can use yellow or while onions - or even green onions!

The secret is to taste, taste, taste as you go along.....

You can make you salsa raw or you can blanche the tomatoes before you start.

We will start with the raw salsa?

Dice your tomatoes, cilantro, onions the way you like them. Dice your chilies - remember that the heat is in the ribs and seeds - start off with a couple! You can always add more if you like it hotter! Same thing with the cilantro (coriander) - start off with a little and keep tasting. Add your lime juice and garlic salt to your liking.

Don't panic if you don't get it right the first time, salsa is an individual kind of thing? Some people like it really hot, other like it mild.

-----

"cooked" salsa is a little more work, but just as good! Instead of adding garlic salt - use fresh garlic and regular salt?

Take your tomatoes and chilies and put them into boiling water. You can either turn off the heat and let them sit or leave the heat on for about 5 minutes to get the skin to loosen up?

If you like, you can let the tomatoes/chilies cool off and peel them or leave the with the skin on. (the chilies will go into the water whole, de-stem them and pull out the seeds -according to what you like as far as heat goes?)

Put the 'maters and chilies into a blender and run it for a few seconds - again, how thick you want the end product is up to you? - add some garlic cloves and blend again.

Dice your onion/cilantro - you can blend it all together or? I like to just blend the tomatoes, chilies and garlic, and add the cilantro/onion after the blender step. I like the crunchy bits of onion in my salsa? You also can rough chop the cooked tomatoes/chilies - that leaves you a chunkier cooked salsa.

The 'cooked' salsa - is more what you get in a canned /bottled variety in the store - Like the chunky raw recipe - it's easier and more colorful.

the simplest rule to making salsa is to follow these steps?

Tomatoes first, then chilies, onion, garlic cilantro and salt. As you go along you can adjust the taste and texture to you liking!

Let me know how you like it?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Thanks Richard. I'm going to see if I can pick up the ingredients at the farmers market tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out!

Pre-season football starts this week, so I'm putting some beer and non-alcoholic beer in the refrigerator to chill down. I need to run out and get some fruit and game time snacks. The supermarket has mangos and melons, yum!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678