Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willa

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I'm glad to hear Willa is alert and giving headbumpies, but I hope she will perk up again, eat more and also drink enough

Most medication have side effects, but of course some are necessary. Have you got an answer about her diagnosis yet? In any case, it's good that you can decrease the dose.

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts.
    Thank you, Randi! The presumptive diagnosis is that Willa's IBD has turned into lymphoma.
    The only way to get a definite answer is to get a biopsy of her intestines. She is 20 yrs now, and very frail. There is no way that I would put her under anesthesia. Maybe the meds can give her a little more quality time
    Today, she's eating ok, but she started having terrible diarrhea again, so now I'm torn between giving her the Chlorambucil today or waiting one more day...

Willa had a really good day today, she's eating and no diarrhea.
    She even made 2 new friends today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fr1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	59646 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fr2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	59647

How cute!

Well done, Willa!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How sweet! Willa, I am so glad you are feeling better.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Today, Willa had her first CBC (complete blood count) after starting chemo. It looked pretty good.
    Vet visits are very stressful for her, and therefore for me. She is so sweet at home, but there, she resists restraint and tries to bite which makes the blood draw very difficult. And we have to this every 2 weeks...
    Unfortunately, she's still losing weight, despite eating ok. She weighs now 5.8 lbs, she used to be a 10-pounder.
    I will continue her meds, and hope for the best.

We are sending loving good wishes and thoughts and prayers for dearest Willa and you, Heidi.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Willa might gain weight more slowly than she lost it. I am glad her blood work was good and that she is eating.

There is a recovery type of cat food that has more of everything in it - you could ask your vet about it. Maybe kitten food also.

It's all good news so far. Willa, you need to get a tad chubbier yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Willa might gain weight more slowly than she lost it. I am glad her blood work was good and that she is eating.

There is a recovery type of cat food that has more of everything in it - you could ask your vet about it. Maybe kitten food also.

It's all good news so far. Willa, you need to get a tad chubbier yet.
    Thank you, Candace. I think I know what food you are talking about: We have the Hill's Science Diet version, a/d, the "a" standing for anorexic. I might try it, also because as of yesterday, her appetite has gone down again. Funny that you mention kitten food, I got her some today.
    Her appetite is such a rollercoaster, and right now my quality of life is worse than hers because it is just so stressful to make sure she gets all her meds and is eating enough.
    I would gladly give her some of my weight.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Thank you, Candace. I think I know what food you are talking about: We have the Hill's Science Diet version, a/d, the "a" standing for anorexic. I might try it, also because as of yesterday, her appetite has gone down again. Funny that you mention kitten food, I got her some today.
    Her appetite is such a rollercoaster, and right now my quality of life is worse than hers because it is just so stressful to make sure she gets all her meds and is eating enough.
    I would gladly give her some of my weight.
    I really empathize with you. Cole gets chemo (Palladia) every other day, generics of pepcid and benadryl morning and evening, and two insulin shots a day. And I add Transfer Factor Plus to his evening meal.

When I was first getting used to the additional medications I did get overwhelmed at times. Cole is doing really well, so that helps. It must be so discouraging when Willa takes a step back.

What a vet receptionist told me after Cole's initial diagnosis: "Just love him."

Still thinking Willa could make a turnaround. Is she getting any Prednisone? As you know that can help shrink any tumours and increase her appetite.

{{{{hugs}}}} <3

I just remembered... there's a Royal Canin dry food "Sensitive" that Fister loved. Perhaps you could entice her to eat some of that. I searched online to find it again, but there seem to be different bags of it. The one Fister liked came in a bag with yellow on it.

See if you can get some samples of different foods from the vet.

Sending more good wishes, love and comfort to your little girl - and to you.
    Last edited by Randi; 07-09-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Wrong name of food - corrected now. ;)

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you, Randi and Candace.
    At this point I have this eclectic collection of all kinds of foods, even Friskies, which I normally would not feed to my kitties, but hey, at this point, Willa can have anything she wants as long as she wants it.
    Yes, she is on Prednisone as well. She has been on it for years, mainly because of her digestive problems, but also for previous asthma episodes.
    She ate really well last night (it was the kittenfood with all her meds in it, including appetite stimulant), so she's been asking for food all day (hooray!).
    How will you be able to tell that Transfer Factor Plus is working?
    Willa is sending purrs to to everybody, and headbumpies to Cole.

YAY WILLA!

I hope Willa is still doing well.

Yes, she is doing fairly well. She is getting her appetite stimulant every day now, instead of every other day, to make sure she eats ok. The other day, she even chased the laser pointer.
    Thanks, Candace, for checking on the old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Yes, she is doing fairly well. She is getting her appetite stimulant every day now, instead of every other day, to make sure she eats ok. The other day, she even chased the laser pointer.
    Thanks, Candace, for checking on the old lady.
    Chased the laser pointer?! There's a bit of kitten in her yet.