Thread: Lucia the Survivor

Lucia the Survivor

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  336.8 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day.
    What a beautiful, colorful bird you are.
    I'm glad your dad didn't give up and nursed you back to health.
    Celebrate your special day.

I'll certainly be giving her a cashew today for a congrats treat!

Lucia the Survivor

Greetings beautiful Lucia! Happy Pet of the Day!

Oh, how proud your daddy must be, having two of his beloved feathered kids being crowned Pet of the Day, and your incredible story of survival is every bit as moving and inspirational as is brother Nero's, yesterday's honoree!

What a fighter you are, Lucia, a true survivor! It's almost unimaginable to think that the beautiful, vibrant, happy and healthy Sun Conure we see here today was so close to the unspeakable. Even your wonderful vet, so reluctant to PTS any animal with even a chance of saving, had little hope! But no way your super hero daddy was going to give in, give up, and so began his arduous quest to heal you! I'll admit, I got all teary reading how lovingly he nursed you back to healthy, slowly but surely, stept by step! Of course your transformation wouldn't have possible had it not been for your indomitable spirit and will to live! What a team! Your dad is one lucky guy, having a feathered daughter, a "daddy's girl," as beautiful and devoted as you, Lucia! You're the best, a treasure, and so very deserving of your very own day of honor! (Can't have brother Nero besting you!)

Her start may have been rough but she's an amazing feathered daughter and, even with her special needs (I still have to make sure she doesn't eat too much at once and she has some allergies) I love every day I get with her. Now if only she got along with the other flock members! She always wants daddy all to herself!

Thanks to your dad for sharing with us your miraculous story of survival and utterly heart-melting, life affirming photos, Baby Girl! Meeting you has made my morning! Enjoy a happy and fun filled Pet of the Day, cuddling with your daddy, munching on cashews (my fave too), being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and tiny kisses to you, beautiful Lucia, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day! Love to Nero and the flock, too!

Precious beyond words!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Lucia sure is a beauty now. What a challenge to get her sorted out but... clearly her loving Papa was SO up for it! Well done on both your parts! Very impressive and excellent examples, best wishes and all things good to darling, quirky Lucia.

This is for Lucia and Nero and your dad! What a story of love and caring between you three and all the flock at your house. I agree with my friend tatsxxx11, your dad is a super-hero! Lucia, you are a very beautiful girl and I hope you will continue to thrive! I hope you will get to enjoy a treat of cashew and your buddy Nero will get to enjoy a snack of egg white or steamed corn for another special day Happy Pet of the Days to you! And that your gal-pal Virginia will have whatever her favorite treat is, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats on being Pet of the Day: Beautiful Lucia the Survivor!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dearest Lucia, what a touching, inspiring story you have to share with us! God bless your wonderful dad for never giving up on you and giving you all the very special care and time and energy and love that you needed so badly, and God bless you, too. You are a beautiful bird, with feathers in glorious colors, and what a sweet, lovely face you have! You and Dad, and your birdie pals Nero and Virginia, all love each other dearly, don't you, and so you should! What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Lucia, on being chosen today's Pet of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe even an extra-special serving of cashews!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations, Lucia, on being POTD! (We your name and we birds!) You are gorgeous and your survival is a miracle! God Bless your rescuer human parent! Best wishes for a long, happy, healthy, carefree, fun, safe life, Sweetie! XOXO http://www.guineapigsrfun.net