Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers and good thoughts for my Lexie please

Thanks yes she is on the medication ,but it's doing nothing for her ,she's declining further with not drinking ,been vomiting too ,she's still alert ,but moving around very slow as getting weaker ,waiting to hear from my vet today but sadly I feel I'm going to have to make that very hard call ,sooner rather than later ,it's been so distressing ,my heart is just aching right now .

Don't worry folks my vet is one of the best ,his compassion and care for all his clients is just one in a million .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, I'm so very sorry, I know what you're going though. Try to keep her hydrated and pain free. I gave Fister some appetite stimulant, too. It helped only for a while. The vet will surely let you know what's best to do. I'm glad you trust him.

You're in my thoughts and I send you big hugs and comfort - and gentle kisses to Lexie.

Take care!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you Randi ,yes it's very hard ,I just want to do what's right for her ,I am not going to hang on to her much as I want to for my sake ,it's all about her ,her comfort ,I dont think she's in pain but some discomfort is a possibility ,well put it this way I'm sure she doesn't feel on top of the world .

I dont Want her just to linger on each day ,not eating to me that's cruel ,but I want to give her the chance to maybe eat ,I will listen to my vets advice and what Lexie and my heart tells me to do
    We are doing all we can for her without causing her more distress and discomfort rest assured ,she means the world to me .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so sorry, Carole and Lexie. Sending hugs and gentle pets of support and comfort for you both. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love from Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you pat and everyone ,just spoke with my vet as a last chance we will give her some cerenia tabs and losec,she's had an Injection of cerenia before .

He told me cats can go weeks without eating food ,so I'm not going to let that happen,if this doesn't work I will have to make that call that I really don't want to do .
    Furangels only lent.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    carole ~ You and Lexie are in our prayers.
    Sometimes heating the food makes it stinkier and more appetizing. It worked every now and then for Cammie Cat.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Thank you Lisa, yes I heat her food ,I think Lexie is beyond help but I'm not giving up ,give these meds a chance to Work and you never know ,fingers crossed .
    Furangels only lent.

Update

It's with a heavy heart and much sadness that I had to make the decision to let Lexie go to the rainbow bridge today .

Despite new meds Lexie was declining and still not eating .

It was a hard call to make but it was the kindest thing to do .

I will miss her so much 15 years is a long time ,I can't imagine not seeing her around anymore .

Feeling very sad ,but glad my darling girl is no longer suffering and at peace .
    Furangels only lent.

Blog Entries
    Bless your heart, so sorry for your loss. No matter what, such a hard decision and I know you made the right choice. I know because you loved Lexie with your whole heart. You are the best and I am certain that your darling Lexie will rest in peace forever.

Thank you for your kind words ,yes she will leave a big void in my life .
    Furangels only lent.

I am so very sorry, Carole. Deepest sympathy to you and all your family. Lexie had a long, beautiful life with you, full of love and warmth and companionship and good food. Now she is no longer suffering. She is healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge, with many other dear friends, watching over you and sending down love. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always. She will welcome you Home again, One Fine Day...

Big hugs to you, Carole, and all your family. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Love from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    Last edited by phesina; 06-21-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Carole, I'm SO sorry you had to say goodbye, it's the hardest decision to make, but it was the right one, and Lexie is not suffering now. You did everything you could.

Sending big (((hugs))) and lots of love. Take care!

Rest in peace, dear Lexie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Fly free Lexie. I'm glad you're free of your tired body and have the energy of a kitten again.
    Please stop by and visit your Mom once in awhile. She misses you so.

Bobcat and I send our thoughts and prayers. We're so sorry for your loss.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I am so sorry about Lexie. You did everything you possibly could for her, and in the long run you did the best thing for her. Even though it was the most difficult decision.

RIP Lexie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Carole, I am so sorry to hear the heartbreaking news about Lexie.

You truly did everything possible for her and you were brave and put her needs before your own wants.

If love could have saved her she would have lived forever.

Play healthy and free at the Bridge, sweet Lexie, healthy and whole again.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda