Thread: Please welcome Bedlam!

Please welcome Bedlam!

Hello! Some of the folks who have been here a long time might remember me as Wolfchan and might remember that it has been a lifelong dream of mine to someday have a Bedlington Terrier. I work in a large animal shelter, and two weeks ago a Bedlington puppy came in as a stray! I thought for sure someone must be missing such a rare and lovely dog with such a nice personality and she would be reclaimed immediately. I was wrong, nobody ever came in for her.

Needless to say, I could not pass up the opportunity...it's NOT the right time for me to be getting a second dog, but I just...couldn't...help myself.

She has been home for six days now, and I'm exhausted! I forgot how relentless adolescent dogs are, and while she is low-key for a puppy, she's still 7 months old with a lot of energy to spare! Jasper is...not exactly thrilled with his new little sister, but he's coming around and will now lay on the couch next to her as long as she doesn't try to look at him or snuggle him.

Without further ado, my new baby!

Before grooming...basically a solid sheet of burrs on every surface.

I got to assist on her spay, and I shaved her afterward, here she is on the recovery bed.

And finally, home!

Aww, congratulations to everyone concerned, and welcome home, Bedlam!
    I've Been Frosted

So happy for you!

Of course I remeber you! She's one beautiful Bedlington girl! What a transfromation, what a rags to riches story! And how wonderful that your dream of being a Bedlington mom has come true, and so serendipitously! I can't imagine how a rare beauty such as she came to be a homeless stray, a puppy no less, but it's clear her wandering days are over! I'm so happy for you, and I'm sure in no time Jasper will see the light too! hehe Yeah, you're exhausted, but as my mom used to say, it's a good tired! Love and hugs to your beautiful baby! Your photos are heart-melting!

Welcome home, Bedlam!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations and welcome Bedlam!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

5. Awww what a gem!

i love her scraggly/shaggy look after the shave.

Hello, snakemama and Bedlam! I have never met a Bedlington terrier before, so I'm looking forward to watching her grow and learning more about the breed! Welcome to PT, Bedlam!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you everyone! She has been home for a week as of today, and I'm so tired/happy/excited still! Here's a pic of what she'll look like with a traditional cut once her hack job I did grows out a bit and I can get her to a real groomer.

AWWWWWwwwwwww!!!!!!!! Dearest Bedlam, you are utterly gorgeous! And what a love-bug you are, too!

Welcome HOME!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Thank you everyone! She has been home for a week as of today, and I'm so tired/happy/excited still! Here's a pic of what she'll look like with a traditional cut once her hack job I did grows out a bit and I can get her to a real groomer.

OMG! How beautiful!!! Please continue to update us! It one be long before she's even more beautiful than the pup in that pic! Love and hugs to you, beautiful Bedlam!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow, how exciting for you! How fortunate to this pup! I agree, it is very odd for a Bedlington = and a young one, at that! - to not be claimed. Amazing, just meant for you!

I did chuckle seeing you gave her a mohawk, lol. I know, that will be the base for the traditional trim.

You must continue sharing all her adventures with us. Hi Bedlam!

Congrats! She looks beautiful no matter what "hair style" she will have

Blog Entries
    I like the Mohawk.

I suppose someday I will stop being amazed at the animals that don't get reclaimed. Right now we have a STUNNING Great Dane boy who is still on stray hold but I'm floored that he even spent one night with us.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I suppose someday I will stop being amazed at the animals that don't get reclaimed. Right now we have a STUNNING Great Dane boy who is still on stray hold but I'm floored that he even spent one night with us.
    Hello, guest Great Dane! I am sending you a big hug because I'm sure you are a big guy! Welcome to your (temporary) PT home!

How is Bedlam doing? I'd imagine she feels a lot better after you took care of her coat! (Is she white and silver, I see both in the picture of her on the chair.)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

She is mostly silvery with some white highlights. Blue Bedlingtons are actually born black and turn pale during their first year, so I anticipate her lightening up more over the coming months!

I dropped her off at the groomer's this morning and I'm enjoying a few hours of quiet time before I have to pick her up. I hadn't realized how much chaos she had created until I was home and it was sooooo quiet!!