Thread: Wonderful Walter

Wonderful Walter

Name:  14g.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  288.6 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    What a sweetheart. There were so many great pictures,
    it was hard to choose one.
    Being bottle fed may indicate a long life. We had a little
    dog that we bottle fed and he lived over 15 years.
    Celebrate your special day and many more.

Oh my goodness, Walter! What a cutie you are, at three years old! Endless blessings to your caring human for spotting that Craigslist ad and rescuing you, and then helping you regain your health and strength! Now you are a busy, active dog - playing with your siblings, watching out the window for the kids on their scooters, and being loved! I am sending you a zillion hugs for your special day, and some for the other fur-kids in your family too! Happy Dog of the Day to wonderful Walter!

Smooches!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Walter Miracle Pup!

Hi Walter! Happy Dog of the Day to you, and to your lovely mom as well! And early happy 3rd birthday wishes too!

Oh Walter! Sweet baby boy! I'm on the verge of tears, reading your heartwrenching, heartwarming, life affirming, rags to riches backstory; smiling from ear to ear, poring over your over the moon, utterly heart-melting photos!

Endless, heartfelt thanks to your dear mom for rescuing you, for her unwavering devotion and unconditional love, doing all in her power to help you grow healthy and strong, including round the clock bottle feedings! You may not have been the St. Bernard she was hoping for, but you certainly are the pup, the furkid, she was destined to have! Sometimes the best things in life come along when we least expect them!

As soon as I met him, I knew three things- that he definitely wasn't a Saint Bernard, that he was too young to be away from his mother, and that I was taking him home.
    And it's clear you, sweetheart, have paid forward ten fold the love and devotion shown you, bringing so much love and light into your humans' lives!

Walter is a blessing in the lives of so many people. Seeing what he went through as such a young puppy and being able to help him beat his odds has given me so much strength. My family and I are so so lucky to have this little mutt! Oh, and if anyone who sees this has any idea what kind of dog he may be, I'd love to hear!
    How blessed they are indeed, having a beautiful, sweet and loving furkid in you, Walter! You truly are a heaven sent treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor! Hope you're enjoying it to the max, doing tricks and playiny with your kitty sibs, maybe taking in a trip to the park, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you brave, beautiful Walter, our very special and most deserving hero Dog of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your kitty sibs too!

As for your possible breed blend...Hmm...Considering your coat and coloring, size, maybe more than a bit of Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver in them there genes? This could be you!

Me and my mom!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Walter, what a beautiful young man you are, and what a heartwarming, inspiring story your dear person has to tell about you! She rescued you from a Craigslist ad and then devoted night and day to nursing you through your weaning and serious injuries and infection, so that you became the lively, active, healthy three-year-old guy you are now. God bless her, and God bless you!

And thanks for sharing all those delightful photographs with us! You are utterly gorgeous in every one of them, and they show so many different aspects of your personality and your life. You and your dear person love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Walter, on being chosen today's Dog of the Day! We hope you and your dear special person and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wonderful Walter's Breed

Dear Walter:

You look a lot like me, and I'm an English Shepherd, sometimes also called a scotch collie.

Here's a website with information about us: http://www.eshepherd.org (look at the photos and info)

My photo for comparison (but I'm not sure I've attached it properly):

Anyway, I hope you're an English Shepherd because we're smart, loving, like to work and play, we're happy and sometimes a little bossy.

Shep P

Bless Walter's mom for rescuing and nursing him back to health.
    Congrats on being Dog of the Day dear Walter!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Walter, you are one lucky boy to be rescued by such a wonderful mommy

Walter and his breed

Dear Walter:

You and I look a lot alike: color and color pattern, dew claws, size, shape, ears, tail, and our facial expressions. I'm an English Shepherd, sometimes called a scotch collie. You can find more information about us on lots of websites.

Shep

UOTE=tatsxxx11;2521484]Hi Walter! Happy Dog of the Day to you, and to your lovely mom as well! And early happy 3rd birthday wishes too!

Oh Walter! Sweet baby boy! I'm on the verge of tears, reading your heartwrenching, heartwarming, life affirming, rags to riches backstory; smiling from ear to ear, poring over your over the moon, utterly heart-melting photos!

Endless, heartfelt thanks to your dear mom for rescuing you, for her unwavering devotion and unconditional love, doing all in her power to help you grow healthy and strong, including round the clock bottle feedings! You may not have been the St. Bernard she was hoping for, but you certainly are the pup, the furkid, she was destined to have! Sometimes the best things in life come along when we least expect them!

And it's clear you, sweetheart, have paid forward ten fold the love and devotion shown you, bringing so much love and light into your humans' lives!

How blessed they are indeed, having a beautiful, sweet and loving furkid in you, Walter! You truly are a heaven sent treasure, and so very deserving of your big day of honor! Hope you're enjoying it to the max, doing tricks and playiny with your kitty sibs, maybe taking in a trip to the park, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you brave, beautiful Walter, our very special and most deserving hero Dog of the Day, EVERY day! Love to your kitty sibs too!

As for your possible breed blend...Hmm...Considering your coat and coloring, size, maybe more than a bit of Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver in them there genes? This could be you!

Me and my mom!!!
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Walter, you are one lucky boy to be rescued by such a wonderful mommy

Blog Entries
    Walter is so adorable no matter what! Excellent story, perfect DOTD!