Thread: Willa has another UTI

Willa has another UTI

Poor Willa! Last night, she developed another UTI, 2 days after finishing her antibiotics.
    I asked her vet about the cost/benefit ratio of the chemodrug. What's the point if she keeps getting UTI's, even if the drug helps her bowels. She said not to give up yet, and to administer the drug every 3 days instead of every 2.
    Her bloodwork looked good today.
    So now Willa is on a different antibiotic, and we sent urine to the lab to culture it and check the sensitivity to different antibiotics. At least, she doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable as with the last UTI.
    Otherwise she's doing ok, eating well (she gained a tiny bit more weight), even though she's having some diarrhea right now.
    I think her quality of life right now is better than mine. I'm not complaining, I would do anything for this girl, but she doesn't have to do all the cleaning, laundry, pill crushing etc.

Willa, deep asleep:
    Name:  willasleep.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  62.9 KB

AWWWwwwwww, sweet little Willa, poor baby! One thing after another. At least it seems this one isn't quite as uncomfortable as the last. You're eating well, and you've even gained a bit of weight! Your dear Meowmie loves you so very, very much and will do anything she can for you.

What a beautiful photo of you snoozing there!

We are sending along hopes and prayers and good wishes that the new antibiotic and schedule will be effective.

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope Willa feels much better soon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am sorry to hear this. Sending prayers to both of you!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Willa is sending headbumpies to everybody. She's feeling ok today, no urinary signs. Just a little tired, but she is still eating well.
    Thank you, everybody!