Thread: Manx syndrome kitten help

Manx syndrome kitten help

I'm trying to find a cream or ointment that is safe for kitten bums. I have a rumpie he seems to be missing any type of tail. He was born for a stray we thought had had an accident and lost her tail which wasn't the case she, she had 3 kittens a normal, a stumpy, And, a rumpie. The rumpie(Gandalf) needs daily cleaning and I've been giving him wet food exclusively with a few drops of olive oil for a week, but poop seems to still harden around his little foggy buns. I'm just trying to find out what won't hurt him if he likes it off, so I can eep the redness and soreness in check.

Hi there! So glad he is with you, someone who cares! One thing I know is kitty safe is Bag Balm - originally designed for cows, but some humans use it, too. And it won't harm him if he licks it. You can Google it, but if you live near any farm supply type place, they'll have it in stock!
    I've Been Frosted

It sounds like you are very dedicated and you are taking excellent care of Gandalf.
    Does he have diarrhea? It would explain why poop gets stuck around his hindquarters, and also why he red and sore back there.
    If he does have loose poop, he might need help with that. Also, olive oil can cause diarrhea, and it should not be given for more than one week.

No diarrhea, usually hard poop but it gets stuck in his fur.

Whenever my kitties had issues with diarrhea or constipation, it was always a medical issue.
    You are on the right track to soften Gandalf's poop, but if it doesn't improve, he might need veterinary intervention.
    Good luck with your baby.