Thread: HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz

HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz

I thought I had a post on Oliver aka Woody at the shelter. I'll post a little about him and upload a photo later. Woody was a family name; I started calling him Ollie Wally and it stuck.

Ollie, he likes this name and does not answer to Woody, is a 4 yo front declawed cat that was surrendered to the shelter. He is 14 pounds of attitude. He is a beautiful black not too short haired cat. The black is so dark that in certain light it looks brindle and in the vet's room, it looked blue.

He is obnoxious and is not well socialized. He pees everywhere on a whim, just a spray. He bites if not happy with you. He also puts his ears back, but not for fear or surprise. He is annoyed when his are back.

In the vet's exam room, he displayed behavior I had never seen before. I've seen cats explore the room mm^2 by mm^2. I seen others hide or cuddle with me or glue themselves to the carrier. But not this. Ollie left the carrier, sniffed the table for a bit and then lay down like a sphinx. He did let me rub his cheeks. And he let them weigh him and examine a little bit. No temp or mouth check though.

He had that look of royal disdain and intimidation. He was quiet the entire visit, and he can talk. He chirps like simon's cat. The vet said he is a dominant cat. I was expecting all sorts of misbehavior but no, he behaved well. Except when going back into the carrier. I used Greenies to lure him in at the house. He was not buying the trick the second time. The tech scruffed him and he wasn't happy. But he's home.

As far as his issues at home: His issues weren't something that Jackson Galaxy could fix because they issues weren't with me. The issues were with Ollie and what ever life he lived the last 4 years. Without knowing how he lived, it's hard to say why he is the way he is. The speculation is that he was outdoor or indoor-outdoor. At some point he was declawed and brought in or allowed to be indoor - outdoor. He's spraying because he needs a larger territory.

So I need to find a sanctuary.

I have found one, but he can't go for three weeks. Mums the word on location because I don't want to jinx this. Some of the rescue community thinks this is a good idea; the rest think I'm putting him out to be killed.

People put themselves in a box and do not let themselves think otherwise.

In the meantime, he has some prozac. I got the first bit into food, but he's wise to me now. Either i buy it as a creme from a compounder or I try to make some myself. hmmmm.

Say hi to Ollie now or wait until I put up the pics. Black cats are hard to get pics and he doesn't sit still. Typical cat.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

This is Ollie's picture from the shelter. I think Woody was the name from the previous family. He does have gooey eyes. I just treat when needed.

This is Ollie on the top of one of the tall trees. This tree is at an intersection in the house. All the kitties try to sit on the top shelf.

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

OHHHHhhhhhh! Welcome, Ollie!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Love Oliver Woodrow! I for one have faith that you will find him a perfectly suitable forever home! I would say perfect home but.... that might not exist for his Royal Highness!

Aww, he is a handsome guy!
    I'm glad you have found a place for him to go.

You are an amazing person for taking this on and sticking with it for his sake.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi, handsome Ollie!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Aww, what a handsome boy! I am glad you have a solution for him eventually!
    I've Been Frosted

Hello HRH Oliver Woodwrow von Katz.
    I just lost my Black Cat Tubster Panther , and I wish I could adopt you in his memory.
    You are such a Noble Cat
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hello, most handsome Oliver Woodrow! You are beautiful, I am so sorry for however your life was before now. I hope things will improve greatly for you and your caring foster Meowmie! Fingers firmly crossed for the next few weeks!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678