Thread: I got me a kitty girl!

I got me a kitty girl!

Last Friday was my birthday and my son and I were out shopping (he took me to Bath and Body Works, and bought me a couple of candles and some body lotion and spray). Since we were near a Pet Smart we decided to go look at the kitties. Well, we hadn't thought of getting another cat since Mac passed, Kimba seemed very happy as an only cat. Anyway, we were looking at the kitties and they were all adorable (of course), but two of them caught my fancy. One was a little tabby and white girl named Gracie. She was just the sweetest thing you would ever want to see, just wanted loves and pets from everyone. I loved her BUT, she needed to be in a single cat household, so that was that. She was just too shy around other cats.

So, we looked at another kitty named Cali. She was a gorgeous little calico girl with green eyes. Small, 4-years-old, and very talkative, i think she must have some Siamese in her somewhere. She was described as a little shy at first, but a total love. She came from a home where a man hoarded cats, he had 70 of them! So, she was obviously used to being around other cats. Anyway, we had an interview, were approved, and came home with Cali. She is not only fine with Kimba, she more than holds her own with him. Outside of a few hisses they are living together quite nicely, we didn't even need to separate them at all the first day! For my Kimba, that is amazing. He hisses at her and she gives him a look like "Is that all you've got?" and he gives it up. Cali loves pets, talks a lot, is not a lap cat (yet), and sleeps most of the day in my closet but comes out at night and is quite social.

I will try to get some pics up in the next week or so, but she hides until early evening. I don't know how to get pics from my phone to my computer, but I will try to figure that one out this week sometime. Anyway, I've been wanting a kitty girl for a long time now and now, I've got me one!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Congratulations! What kind of phone do you have?
    I've Been Frosted

Woo hoo!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new girl!
    Are you keeping her name Cali?
    That is great that she is "getting along" with Kimba already. Mine don't get along after 4 years of living together.

I'll be checking back for pictures of your new little girl!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Dearest Cali, welcome HOME!

Congratulations to all,

Last edited by phesina; 04-08-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats on your new kitty!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oh, Catastic! I'm sure she'll do great with you!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Concatulations on getting Cali. It is great to know that Kimba and Cali are getting on well. I have my 2 girls from the same shelter, they tolerate each other since 3 years. Lots and lots happy years with Cali and Kimba.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Congratulations! What kind of phone do you have?
    It's a T-Mobile Concorde. It's a nice little phone I got from Walmart. I have to see if the connector to my laptop for my old phone works with this one. If not, I'll just email some pics of her to myself this weekend (I;m giving her a couple more days to adjust to our home before I pull the flashy box out on her). She is out all the time now and her and Kimba actually touched noses yesterday. They aren't buddies yet, but there have been no fights whatsoever between them. That in itself is amazing! Kimba fought with Mac and Ming on a daily basis. She sure is a talker! She tells you exactly what she thinks about everything! Oh, she loves Temptations better than anything else in the world!

God Bless You for taking in a Mature Cat , and we pray that Cali fits in soon, and there will be Cali in a Big Cat Pile.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary, I'd always planned on getting an older cat. They can be so hard to place and I love how they are over the kitten stage. Kimba was a real pistol as a kitten, so I was done with that. The other kitty I was looking at, Gracie, was 7. That didn't bother me at all. If she would have been fine with other cats she would have been the one I adopted, but she wasn't, so I came home with Cali, whose just adorable! Cali fits into our household and our hearts perfectly, so she was the perfect choice.

That's great news that you got a new cat. I like the name Cali. I'll be looking forward to seeing photos. I'm sure Cali has a wonderful home with you and Kimba. I bet Cali can't believer her good fortune.