Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with renaming threads - time limited URL check

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    When was the last update?
    To the vBulletin software?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    To the vBulletin software?
    Or whatever powers this site. I tried to edit a thread title from November 2014 and I couldn't. I don't post enough to check dates, but something happened. By that I mean that I was trying to test the system to see where the update occurred.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Good night and thanks for trying.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

What do you see above the green(or Blue depending on which setting you use) bar? I have a grey bar with "Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, and Display like mrspunkysmom, but also have Inline Mod, as I am a moderator. I know I have more privileges than a normal user under Administrative, but the person who posts a thread should always be able to edit it!
    "View First Unread" 'Thread Tools" "Search Thread" "Display"
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I have never used the menus. I didn't know I could edit there.

Try this: Below the message, hit Edit Post. THEN hit Advanced.

You should be able to change the title then.

Let me know if this helps.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This afternoon after I logged in, I went to open threads using the "Open link in new tab," which I always do.

This time, I was finding that I had to log in again in every one of those.

Now what?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    This afternoon after I logged in, I went to open threads using the "Open link in new tab," which I always do.

This time, I was finding that I had to log in again in every one of those.

Now what?
    Sis you turn off "accept cookies?" The "cookie" is a little bit of code that lets Pet Tal;k know you are you, and logged in!
    I've Been Frosted

This time it let me start a response to your message without making me log in again!

I didn't touch anything to turn off the cookies.. that I know of, anyway. Could I have somehow accidentally done that? How DO you do that?

Pat
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

That's how I've always changed thread titles. Works fine!
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    This time it let me start a response to your message without making me log in again!

I didn't touch anything to turn off the cookies.. that I know of, anyway. Could I have somehow accidentally done that? How DO you do that?

Pat
    It depends on your browser. Do you normally log off when you are done and log back in the next session? Make sure when you log in to check the "remember me" box!
    I've Been Frosted

It seems to be back to normal now.

My browser is Chrome. I log off when I finish and then log back on the next session.
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

Always use that method. It works for the very recent threads, but not ones from three months back. I never log out. But resetting cookies might be a trick. I'll let you know.

Didn't work.

Edit: Candace try it on your own threads. Go back to December, then back a few years. Let us now what happens
    Anne

I just attempted to edit the title of a post I made in 2008 and was able to do so, so I don't believe there is a time limit on being able to edit post titles.

You must go to the FIRST post in the thread, the original one you made, click "edit post", then go to "advanced". You will then have the option to edit the title.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I just attempted to edit the title of a post I made in 2008 and was able to do so, so I don't believe there is a time limit on being able to edit post titles.

You must go to the FIRST post in the thread, the original one you made, click "edit post", then go to "advanced". You will then have the option to edit the title.
    Thanks, Jessika - I obviously have different privileges than regular users, so it is good to know that it works for other people, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks, Jessika - I obviously have different privileges than regular users, so it is good to know that it works for other people, too!

I do exactly that. It's not working for me. People really need to learn to read and listen to other people. I've tried different variations also, including clearing cookies, comment order, etc. It works on later posts, so there must be an issue with my account. I wonder why?

I think it would be really nice if we could see our own permission levels.
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 04-07-2015 at 01:10 AM.
    Anne