Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with renaming threads - time limited URL check

Issue with renaming threads - time limited URL check

I think there is a time limit on renaming threads. Are the older ones archived? Or under a different version of php? I was able to rename Lucy Lou's thread but not Kallie's. I tried several different ways.

I know I said I didn't care any more, but I really I trying to teach Ollie some patience now.

This URL looks the same as the one is the other thread, so the point is why can I change this one and not the other one?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/editpost.php?do=updatepost&postid=2518874
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 04-07-2015 at 01:07 AM.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

You can rename Kallie's thread - hit Edit Thread (not edit post) under the menu bar ... what would you like it to say?
    I've Been Frosted

I'll try it again
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I'll try it again
    Okay, let me know!

Oh, and P.S. - the Version #1 shirt is now available - http://CatoftheDay.com/t/special/
    I've Been Frosted

My menu bar at top right (?) has Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, and Display. None of the drop-down menus have and EDIT option.
    Anne

My menu bar at top right (?) has Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, and Display. None of the drop-down menus have and EDIT option.
    I can edit it for you, what would you like it to say? Just Happy Gotcha Day #3?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I can edit it for you, what would you like it to say? Just Happy Gotcha Day #3?
    I want the privileges and menu bar.
    Anne

I want the privileges and menu bar.
    You should have them, they are the same for all registered users, and all threads, at least they should be! There are not "archived so un-editable" threads. What do you see in the drop down menu for "Administrative" when you click there?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm curious: I don't seem to have an "Administrative" , or for that matter, any of that menu bar, at top right or anywhere.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I'm curious: I don't seem to have an "Administrative" , or for that matter, any of that menu bar, at top right or anywhere.
    What do you see above the green(or Blue depending on which setting you use) bar? I have a grey bar with "Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, and Display like mrspunkysmom, but also have Inline Mod, as I am a moderator. I know I have more privileges than a normal user under Administrative, but the person who posts a thread should always be able to edit it!
    I've Been Frosted

You should have them, they are the same for all registered users, and all threads, at least they should be! There are not "archived so un-editable" threads. What do you see in the drop down menu for "Administrative" when you click there?
    I see delete. That's it.
    Anne

What do you see above the green(or Blue depending on which setting you use) bar? I have a grey bar with "Thread Tools, Administrative, Search Thread, and Display like mrspunkysmom, but also have Inline Mod, as I am a moderator. I know I have more privileges than a normal user under Administrative, but the person who posts a thread should always be able to edit it!
    Apparently not. What is interesting is that I am able to edit ones I have posted recently. hmmm.
    Anne

Apparently not. What is interesting is that I am able to edit ones I have posted recently. hmmm.
    Hmm, can you give me a screen shot? This is puzzling!
    I've Been Frosted

Hmm, can you give me a screen shot? This is puzzling!
    Not needed. I edited the one about Lucy Lou. It worked. The Edit screens were no different for other threads. I don't know what the time limit is. Somewhere in the permissions or code itself is a time limit for editing titles.
    Anne

When was the last update?
    Anne