Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issue with renaming threads - time limited URL check

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I do exactly that. It's not working for me. People really need to learn to read and listen to other people. I've tried different variations also, including clearing cookies, comment order, etc. It works on later posts, so there must be an issue with my account. I wonder why?

I think it would be really nice if we could see our own permission levels.
    There is no difference between your account and Jessika's for example, in terms of Permissions.

We're trying to help you figure out the issue, none of the threads are locked, or anything! If you want, for your peace of mind, I can email you a screen shot of the browsing settings for you and her - just picked her at random.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    There is no difference between your account and Jessika's for example, in terms of Permissions.

We're trying to help you figure out the issue, none of the threads are locked, or anything! If you want, for your peace of mind, I can email you a screen shot of the browsing settings for you and her - just picked her at random.
    I just tried with mobile and the result is no different. It's not my computer. The only thing that will resolve this for me is i need to be able to do what other members can do

Does pet talk have a mobile app?

Peace of mind requires trust.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I just tried with mobile and the result is no different. It's not my computer. The only thing that will resolve this for me is i need to be able to do what other members can do

Does pet talk have a mobile app?

Peace of mind requires trust.
    I wish I could sit over your shoulder and watch what you are doing and what you see, as your permissions are exactly the same as every other registered user, I promise!
    I've Been Frosted

I wish I could sit over your shoulder and watch what you are doing and what you see, as your permissions are exactly the same as every other registered user, I promise!
    I'll post some screen captures. I am following the same protocol. Just like I have changed the title for this one more than once, I use the same procedure for the older threads. I accessed the Internet on the phone and can also use this format. It's a bit small and I have to enlarge, but I get the same results.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Karen has my password so she can see what i see
    Anne

Karen has my password so she can see what i see
    We are looking into it, it looks like I can change the thread title for that old thread when I am logged in as you under Chrome, but it only changes the post title. Paul is going to look into this!
    I've Been Frosted

We are looking into it, it looks like I can change the thread title for that old thread when I am logged in as you under Chrome, but it only changes the post title. Paul is going to look into this!
    So why didn't you believe me when I said so? There are times I wish I could let loose with blue language.
    Anne

So why didn't you believe me when I said so? There are times I wish I could let loose with blue language.
    Usually when something like this happens, it is a browser issue, or user error, and I can work/talk the person through it. It is not that I did not believe you, I was just trying everything I could think of that may have caused it. It doesn't have to do with your particular "user permissions," it is some other bit of code we need to ferret out.
    I've Been Frosted

Well, I tried it again and it doesn't work yet. Any news on what may be causing this?
    Anne

I found this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-it-completely

In reading this I discovered that the limit is from 5 minutes to two years depending on the settings. OS my question is why are some able to edit further back.
    Anne

I found this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-it-completely

In reading this I discovered that the limit is from 5 minutes to two years depending on the settings. OS my question is why are some able to edit further back.
    Glad you posted that, it is just peculiar that some of us can, and some cannot, and it does not seem to matter how old the thread is! I know things are different for me, as I am a moderator, but your privileges are the same as far as I can to every other registered user!

I'll get this to Paul, who handles the harder coding side of things, of course!
    I've Been Frosted