Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karmic Thursday #631

Karmic Thursday #631

Well, about 20 years ago my brother was helping me get an engine out of the basement of my parent's house. We had it about halfway up the ramp and I lost my handle on the front of the engine. It slid back and tackled him.

This week, we were moving a filling cabinet down the stairs, and I caught the cabinet with my knee.

Karma isn't always instant...LOL

I'd make the DOTD instant beverages, but that wouldn't be in keeping with the haute cuisine we normally have in the bar, sooo, I found an appropriate consumable:

The Karma Jalapeno kiss

1 ½ oz Cachaca or Karma Tequila
    Handful of diced Cucumber
    3 slices of Jalapeno
    ½ oz. Triple sec
    ½ oz. Fresh Ginger Syrup
    ½ oz. Sweet sour
    Fresh Ground Black Pepper

In a mixing glass place the Cucumber, Jalapeño, Ginger Syrup and Sweet & Sour and start muddling. Throughout the muddling process keep checking the level of spiciness and STOP muddling when you feel the spiciness is at the level you will enjoy most. I like it SPICY so I muddle the hell out of those jalapeños!! Now let’s add the Triple Sec and Tequila (or Cachaca) and shake it hard for 5 fast seconds. Next strain and pour into a long drink glass on the rocks and before serving top it off with a little fresh ground black pepper.

Anyone game?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Does it match the color of the bruise on your leg? That actually seems like it might make a good marinade for some chicken!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for opening the bar......seems like there is a little 'basement' action going on, with the rain yesterday, the basement flooded, I would trade a bruise over flood water, any day.

I bet all your relatives in California are envious of your rain, Richard! Hope you are managing okay!
    I've Been Frosted

I'll pass on that drink, thanks. Could I get a tea instead? Ran in blowing snow this morning, still chilly.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Tea is most certainly available, as is a rock masquerading as a puppy to help warm you up.

Snowing here all day, nothing much, just flurries, but could someone PLEASE tell the weather that it's supposed to be spring?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Tea is most certainly available, as is a rock masquerading as a puppy to help warm you up.

Snowing here all day, nothing much, just flurries, but could someone PLEASE tell the weather that it's supposed to be spring?
    Aww, just brewed a new pot of chai, perfect with leftover Easter cookies! Happy to share both!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Angel, come sit and snuggle. Thank you for the tea.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Okay, Mother Nature... The snow can cease and desist any time now.

I hate having to clean out the truck bed to go to the dump in April. Makes things a little slick.

Richard, would a sump pump help? Or do you need the Corps of Engineers to divert the river of tears from all the UK fans?

GO RED SOX!!!

They're in first place in the AL EAST!!!

(Okay, so it's only opening day, gimme a break)

On a different note entirely, I'm changing the DOTD to a Margarita. Why? Well, for starters, I have to agree with the mayor, the first one looks more like a marinade than a beverage. Second? With all apologies to Jimmy Buffet....

Boat drinks.

Waitress I need two more boat drinks.

20 degrees and the baseball game's on

Nobody cares they're way to far gone screaming boat drinks, something to keep us from harm.

This morning, I shot six holes in my freezer,

I think I got cabin fever.

Everything seems to be wrong.
    Last edited by Lady's Human; 04-06-2015 at 05:50 PM.

GO RED SOX!!!

They're in first place in the AL EAST!!!

(Okay, so it's only opening day, gimme a break)

On a different note entirely, I'm changing the DOTD to a Margarita. Why? Well, for starters, I have to agree with the mayor, the first one looks more like a marinade than a beverage. Second? With all apologies to Jimmy Buffet....

Boat drinks.

Waitress I need two more boat drinks.

20 degrees and the baseball game's on

Nobody cares they're way to far gone screaming boat drinks, something to keep us from harm.

This morning, I shot six holes in my freezer,

I think I got cabin fever.

Everything seems to be wrong.

Hee hee, first place indeed! Day one, at least!

It was 49°F here today, but I know it is not going to last, there's sleet and snow in the forecast for later in the week. If anyone is wondering, I'd prefer either rain OR snow. Sleet has no redeeming qualities, aside for adding moisture, and we are out of drought for months, so ....
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hee hee, first place indeed! Day one, at least!

It was 49°F here today, but I know it is not going to last, there's sleet and snow in the forecast for later in the week. If anyone is wondering, I'd prefer either rain OR snow. Sleet has no redeeming qualities, aside for adding moisture, and we are out of drought for months, so ....
    Gonna get up to the low 80's today with rain and T-storms later on. Humidity at 80%

Ugh.....

Richard, would a sump pump help? Or do you need the Corps of Engineers to divert the river of tears from all the UK fans?
    Purchased a sump pump, hopefully it will never have to be turned on.....

There is NO crying in basketball?

One thing about having a good sports presence is that any showing at the end of a tournament/season is considered a success.....to get bounced before the playoffs/finals is reason enough to cry..Since I have been in the area there have been two NCAA championships and some Final Four runs.....that is pretty good.

(I still am praying for a playoff appearance by the LA Kings this season...)

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Purchased a sump pump, hopefully it will never have to be turned on.....

There is NO crying in basketball?

One thing about having a good sports presence is that any showing at the end of a tournament/season is considered a success.....to get bounced before the playoffs/finals is reason enough to cry..Since I have been in the area there have been two NCAA championships and some Final Four runs.....that is pretty good.

(I still am praying for a playoff appearance by the LA Kings this season...)
    Sorry, the Flames are going to beat the Kings tonight and sneak into that playoff spot. At least I hope so!!!!