Thread: to catmandu

to catmandu

Gary, is your foot healing? How is everything going with that?

Hope progress is being made!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My foot is mostly healed Candace , but there is swelling but Thank Michael no infection.
    It will get a workout om my mile trip to the newest Computer , unless I buy an I Pad.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary, you can buy some real nice tablets at Walmart for about $75-$150. they come equipped with some nice bells and whistles and their all WiFi wired and ready to go! i just bought a new laptop there or i would be thinking of getting one of those for myself! I am so glad to hear your foot is healing. I've known a couple people with diabetes and it's no fun!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    My foot is mostly healed Candace , but there is swelling but Thank Michael no infection.
    It will get a workout om my mile trip to the newest Computer , unless I buy an I Pad.
    So glad to hear your foot is healing, Gary, with no infection!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

katladyd , how do you hook these I pads at home for internet , or do you need a more expensive one?

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    katladyd , how do you hook these I pads at home for internet , or do you need a more expensive one?
    Some iPads are equipped to use the Internet anywhere you are. You do end up connecting to a data plan - do you have a cell phone?

The cheaper ones, you to be able to use someone's WiFi connection. McDonalds, Starbucks, libraries - places like that usually have free Wifi, but it can be slow!
    I've Been Frosted

Gary, I'm not rich and I got tired of being robbed by Verizon for my internet. I used a portable modem called a Clear Internet stick. I plug it into a usb port on my computer and I instantly have fast, reliable, internet service. You can buy them on ebay or Amazon for around $40-$80 dollars and for a full month of problem free, unlimited data that's fast I pay (no contract, you can stop at any time) $55 USD per month. Check it out online and see if it's available in your area. If it is, just buy a tablet with a usb port, they don't all have one, and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Gary, I'm not rich and I got tired of being robbed by Verizon for my internet. I used a portable modem called a Clear Internet stick. I plug it into a usb port on my computer and I instantly have fast, reliable, internet service. You can buy them on ebay or Amazon for around $40-$80 dollars and for a full month of problem free, unlimited data that's fast I pay (no contract, you can stop at any time) $55 USD per month. Check it out online and see if it's available in your area. If it is, just buy a tablet with a usb port, they don't all have one, and you're good to go!
    Yes, it all does depend on what is available where one lives!!! And as he is in Canada, I am sure the services are different than here!
    I've Been Frosted

That sounds like what I need katladyd , I will start shopping now while the buses are running.
    At least there is a family practice clinic opening near me.

Gary, first get to the library and do a search for Clear Internet sticks. Then make sure they cover your area, you can contact them and ask, their phone number is on their site. If they service your area you can only buy the sticks online on amazon or ebay, Clear doesn't sell them direct anymore. I've had mine for over 2 years and it has only gone out once and they fixed it within a few hours. It's a great company.

There is a tablet at Wal Mart with Office 365 included , that sound all right katladyd!!!

If you have WiFi access, tablets are great! Some people find them easier to use than full size computers or laptops. I hope everything works out for you.

Gary, you will need to have wireless internet at home.

Some tablets take a SIM card which is what cell phones use to operate. I don't know if you have to "subscribe" to a cell phone service or not.

Talk to the person at Wal-Mart about ALL the costs involved before you buy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda