Thread: These Adorably Short Munchkin Kittens Look Fake, But They're SO Real And SO Cute

These Adorably Short Munchkin Kittens Look Fake, But They're SO Real And SO Cute

Munchkin cats occurred naturally but are now bred. Just cute!

http://www.viralnova.com/munchkin-ca...n%202015-03-26

Whether you're a cat person, a dog person, or you prefer to just collect rocks or plants, we can all agree that Corgis are pretty awesome. Their teeny legs, which are completely out of proportion to the rest of their bodies, are arguably the greatest things on this planet. But did you know that there's actually a cat equivalent to the Corgi? Does that boggle your mind as much as it does mine?
    Let me explain: regular cat body, regular cat head, regular cat whiskers, and regular cute cat nose....but the legs are just a couple inches tall! It's probably my most favorite dominant genetic trait of all time.
    Okay, maybe you should just take a look for yourself.
    1. Please stop, I'm dying.

Imgur

2. "Did I win?"

Imgur

Yes. You won my heart.

3. They even come Siamese-style!

Imgur

(Cross-eye included.)

4. Sometimes they make friends with capybaras, which are also pretty short...

Imgur

So it works out pretty well.

5. Just because they have little legs doesn't mean they are less agile and catlike...

Imgur

6. ...Usually.

Instagram

7. They fit comfortably in all the small boxes that other cats can only squeeze into.

Imgur

8. This lighting accentuates her adorably teeny feet.

Imgur

9. *Model status*

Imgur

10. *Supermodel status*

Supermodel status*" width="680">
    Imgur
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

11. "Is this a good angle for me?"

Imgur

12. "Full speed ahead!"

Imgur

"Aaand that's enough. My tiny leggies are tiiired."

13. They wear costumes meant for Wiener dogs...

Imgur

Ironically, of course.

14. They drive their own convertibles just like any other ca— ...wait.

Instagram

They ride around on pink mopeds just like any oth— ...hold on.

Instagram

Okay... Just one more of Albert The Cat. I swear.

Albert The Cat. I swear."
    Instagram

15. "Be cute, you say? You mean...like this?"

Imgur

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

16. No, wait, this is exactly what I mean.

this is exactly what I mean." width="680">
    YouTube

17. I never want to not be watching this.

Wiffle Gif

18. "And a-one, and a-two, and a-one, two, three, four!"

Tumblr

19. Imagine what his little legs do when he's dreaming about chasing toy mice!

Imgur

20. "Can't. Reach. The remote."

Imgur

21. "I got it! I got it! I got it!"

Wiffle Gif

22. The ratios just DON'T. MAKE. SENSE.

Imgur

23. "Am I real?"

Imgur

"What is real?"

24. I just don't know anymore, kitty. I just. Don't. Know.

Imgur

25. Gah, I lied...ONE more.

Instagram

These little guys are definitely the cutest cats ever, especially since they come in all sorts of shortened versions of other breeds. Teeny Scottish Fold? Check. Itty-bitty Tabby? You got it. Pocket-sized Persian? Yep.
    It's admittedly a bit of a tough concept to wrap your head around at first, but once you get it...your days will be so much brighter!

We are quite familiar with them, and have even had one of them as Cat of the Day back in 2008!

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2008/March/27.html

They are now, however, as carefree as the article would suggest, with their smaller size and shorter legs, they are prone to some health issues, most commonly spine and back problems, just like Dachshunds can be.
    I've Been Frosted

AWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Adorable!!!!!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

They are so cute!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I hope they aren't prone to back trouble like Dachshunds and Basset Hounds. They are adorable, though.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Blog Entries
    They are completely adorable! I am assuming they have some health issues though, hopefully I'm incorrect.

Any kitty is just adorable.

I do not understand why one would create a cat that can't do what it naturally does. Short legs, smushed-in face (persian). I just don't get it.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Any kitty is just adorable.

I do not understand why one would create a cat that can't do what it naturally does. Short legs, smushed-in face (persian). I just don't get it.
    Everyone has his or her own ideas of beauty! Like any breed the munchkins were all naturally occurring mutations that just then got bred together, not all end up with problems, in fact it is quite the controversy whether they do or not! It is too new a breed to really have that much statistical data, but it has been a subject of controversy since the re-foundation of the breed.
    I've Been Frosted

I have heard too that the Munchkin Cat has problem when they age with problems with arthritis.
    Those Kittens certainly are sweet though.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All of those kitties are adorable! BUT, I prefer my cats long,sleek, and graceful. I guess that is why I had a Siamese and now have a Russian White. Ming was big, but he was long and graceful. Kimba is just a beautiful, white, oriental-looking cat. However, if a Munchkin needed a home, I would gladly give them a great one! All cats are wonderful!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Everyone has his or her own ideas of beauty! Like any breed the munchkins were all naturally occurring mutations that just then got bred together, not all end up with problems, in fact it is quite the controversy whether they do or not! It is too new a breed to really have that much statistical data, but it has been a subject of controversy since the re-foundation of the breed.
    I feel the same about all animals. WE breed for looks, but don't consider the effect on the animal. Rather selfish of us.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I tried to comment on this thread in the last two days but my internet connection was missing the WAN Ethernet DHCP connection...and it was TOO slow to wait and wait for the message window to pop up!

I can see Munchkins being prone to lower spine and hip trouble. I also know that many senior cats get arthritis in their lower back or hips.

I don't think I would buy a Munchkin, but are they ever cute! Like that GIF of the tiny playing kitten!