Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tinkie has a Fractured Femur

Prayers are on the way for Tinkie from the Found Cat Hotel , sadly our Cats are too lively for their own good
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I hope Tinkie makes a full recovery. I'm glad she started eating. She was probably in some pain. Is she on pain meds?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yes she is on pain meds every 8-12 hours and antibiotics. She still isn't moving around much but the vet told me it would take a few days. To bad there isn't kitty rehab (like for people who have hip surgery)

Hello, I just read the entire thread. I am sorry your Twinkie had to have an operation. I am relieved to hear that she did good re surgery and that she's eating now. You're both in my prayers re her recovery and getting back to normal. It's stressful for the human and the furbaby when furbaby is not well. Take care... Kay

How is Tinkie doing now, Cheryl?

We're sending loads of love and prayers and good wishes.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

She finished the pain meds on the weekend and she seems to be doing okay without them. She is having a hard time walking but the vet said that was normal. I have been letting her roam during the day but she isn't going very far from me. At night I keep her in my office. I don't want her to accidentally re-injure herself and I am not awake to hear her. (I know that is being paranoid but until she gets around better I feel more comfortable)

We have an appointment next Wed to have the stitches removed and then I can find out if she is progressing as she should.

How did today's appointment go, Cheryl?

We are continuing to send along the prayers and love and warm healing energies.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

She actually gets her stitches out next Wed, but for the last couple of days she is getting around. She has now taken to climbing up the chair in my office so that she can sit on the window perch and look down on the birds (while sitting in the sunshine). So all things considered I think she seems to be doing okay (especially since it has only been about a week and a half since the surgery)

I'm glad she is feeling better.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

That sounds wonderful.. very promising!

Keep on keeping on, dear little Tinkie!

Death thought about it.

You just keep on healing, Tinkie. You have a lot of people pulling for you here!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Exactly 2 weeks after she had hip surgery Tinkie made it down the stairs!!!!!

She is now mobile enough that I feel more comfortable letting her roam at night (I was keeping her locked in my office).