Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinkie has a Fractured Femur

Tinkie has a Fractured Femur

Tinkie was playing with one of the other cats on Saturday night while I was making supper for everyone. Something happened and she hurt herself. At first I thought she had pulled a muscle or something like that, so I put her in my office on Sunday to limit her mobility. But she wasn't getting any better so I took her to the vet this morning. It turns out that she fractured her femur near the head (where the femur bone goes into the hip). She is only about 3.5 years old so she is very very young for something like this to happen.

She is going in for surgery tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed for her.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled View Post
    Tinkie was playing with one of the other cats on Saturday night while I was making supper for everyone. Something happened and she hurt herself. At first I thought she had pulled a muscle or something like that, so I put her in my office on Sunday to limit her mobility. But she wasn't getting any better so I took her to the vet this morning. It turns out that she fractured her femur near the head (where the femur bone goes into the hip). She is only about 3.5 years old so she is very very young for something like this to happen.

She is going in for surgery tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed for her.
    Oh, ow! Tinkie, how did you manage that? She'll be in our prayers, that Sir Jury will be kind!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, poor Tinkie! We are saying our prayers and sending along our warm best wishes that the surgery goes well and everything heals up well, and she is soon back to her usual activities.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It has been a really expensive few months here in terms of vet bills. Harry died in Jan (had a lot of vet visits and a day and a half in the ER vet), then Nobi died in March (he had a MRI and spinal tap in Feb), and now Tinkie has to have surgery. When I asked how much it would cost she told me and my response was "that wasn't too bad". Then the vet laughed at me because most people would not be saying that about a 4-digit vet bill. But it is much less than I have paid over the last few months and I was happy about that

I will go pick her up in a couple of hours and look at the x-ray. She will at least spend tonight at home and be back by tomorrow evening. The hard part will be to keep her relatively immobilized for a few weeks while things heal.

It has been a really expensive few months here in terms of vet bills. Harry died in Jan (had a lot of vet visits and a day and a half in the ER vet), then Nobi died in March (he had a MRI and spinal tap in Feb), and now Tinkie has to have surgery. When I asked how much it would cost she told me and my response was "that wasn't too bad". Then the vet laughed at me because most people would not be saying that about a 4-digit vet bill. But it is much less than I have paid over the last few months and I was happy about that

I will go pick her up in a couple of hours and look at the x-ray. She will at least spend tonight at home and be back by tomorrow evening. The hard part will be to keep her relatively immobilized for a few weeks while things heal.
    Aww, next time you go, you should be wearing a http://teespring.com/everycat shirt!
    I've Been Frosted

I do have a t-shirt that says "keep calm and love a CH kitty". Tinkie also has CH on top of everything else

Prayers for Tinkie's surgery and recovery.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I do have a t-shirt that says "keep calm and love a CH kitty". Tinkie also has CH on top of everything else
    Aww, so that may have figured into the break, too. Give her some extra loving from us!
    I've Been Frosted

Best wishes for Tinkie's surgery and that she heals quickly!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Wishes and prayers for Tinkie's recovery.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I have that t-shirt too!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Tinkie is in my prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Purrayers on the way to Tinkie. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Any news? How did it go?
    I've Been Frosted

I took her in about 11AM and she was supposed to be operated on at 1:30PM, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Usually the vets phone as the patient is starting to wake up, so I figure I will give it another half hour or so before phoning there.

I sure hope everything went well. As they explained last night there will be no pins or rods holding it in place. They are removing the femur head (b/c of where the break is) and let scar tissue build up to hold it in place. I am just a little worried because her CH might make her more likely to hurt herself again.