I saw the ad, Karen, for your "Last cat... just kidding" shirts. Very cute!

Today I saw a stuffed ..toy? or such that reminded me of that, but in a bad way. It had a tag on it saying something like "This is your last cat," or "the last cat you'll ever need," or such. And it is labeled "Earl, the Dead Cat." It's a limp cat figure, with X-ed out eyes and tongue sticking out. The label says it's trouble-free.. no feeding, no shedding, no hairballs, and so on.

This is for sale in a store in Ann Arbor that is a boutique-type place specializing in gourmet/organic/healthy supplies for dogs and cats and gift and personal items for those who love them.

I told the guy minding the place that I didn't like that or that they were carrying such a thing. He said some people like it, some don't. I said I don't. He said, excusing it, "It's just supposed to be funny." I said I don't think it is, and would he please pass the word along to whoever in charge regarding customer reactions to their products.

Was I over-reacting?

Thanks. I just wanted to tell people like-minded to me about this and see what you think.