Thread: Eagles,Cougar Cup Champs 2015

Eagles,Cougar Cup Champs 2015

Pictures I took March 8th after the Clarington Eagles had won the 2015 Cougar Cup,the Central Ontario Junior C championship in 4 straight games over the regular season champions the Uxbridge Bruins.First 2 are going out to mob their goalie Connor Visca,he was outstanding,had a goals against of 1.69 through 8 games.Third is the players saluting the fans and at center ice posing with the Cougar Cup.they are now playing the Empire B Junior C champs the Port Hope Panthers in the Quarterfinals of the Clarence Schmalz Cup,the OHA Junior C cup.the Eagles had a 12 game winning streak that started with the final four of regular season then won 4 straight against last year's cup and Schmalz Cup Champs Lakefield Chiefs the Uxbridge in 4 straight..Their winning streak was snapped on Tuesday March 17th,they lost game 1 in port hope 3 -2 then came back and won at home Thursday 4-2.Game 3 is tonight in Port Hope at 7:30 and back here Monday @ 7:20 then Port Hope on Wednesday@7:30.This is the same trophy they won in their first season in 2011- 2012.
    Last edited by fritz03; 03-21-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Congratulations, Clarington Eagles!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations to the Eagles team!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lost on Saturday

The Eagles lost 5-1 on Saturday night in Port Hope,are down 2 games to 1 in a best of 7.They took too many penalties in the 2nd and Port Hope capitalized,got 2 on the power play in that period and 1 in the 3rd.they had two players kicked out of the game goalie Connor Visca,said something to the referee and got a 2 game suspension, while defenceman Ryan Smith got the same suspension for a similar thing in the 2nd period.they have to win of at least one of the next two to come back here on Saturday for game 6.Game 4 is tonight at 7:20,on Wednesday in Port Hope at 7:30 and if there is a game 6 ,here on Saturday 6:50 p.m.

Best wishes to them tonight!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Won In Overtime

The Eagles won game 4 in overtime 5-4 at 4:37 on a goal by Brent Hambly.It was not a pretty goal,Hambly was off to the side of the net,the goalie was standing off the post and Hambly banked it in off the goalie's leg and in.The series is tied 2-2 with game 5 tonight in Port Hope at 7:30,game 6 here Saturday at 6:50.They have won 10 games in the playoffs and this one was their 5th win in overtime.

Lost in Overtime

Eagles lost in overtime on Wednesday night,54 seconds in,score was 4-3.They were down 3-0 by the 15 second mark of the 2nd period,their goalie Tyler Caruana kept them in it,shots for the game were 41-26 for Port Hope and Eagles score scored 2 later in the 2nd to to make it a 1 goal game.then with the goalie out and an extra attacker,Brodie Myers tied it with 1:13 to go and it went to overtime and they lost.So far this has been a homer series,home teams have won all games.So if this continues tomorrow,they will go back to Port Hope for game 7 Monday night @7:30 or it will be all over.They play here tomorrow game 6 @6:50.

Best wishes for your next game, Eagles!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Go Eagles! Best wishes for Game 6, where you're the home team!
    Death thought about it.