Thread: CUTE WARNING! Rescuers Thought They Were Only Saving One Dog...But This Stray Had A Huge Surprise

CUTE WARNING! Rescuers Thought They Were Only Saving One Dog...But This Stray Had A Huge Surprise

http://www.viralnova.com/hero-pup/?u...n%202015-03-20

They say your world changes when you become a parent; priorities shift and life isn't just about you anymore.

Last week in Dallas, rescuers at Dallas Dogrrr were finally able to rescue an abandoned pup who'd been avoiding them for weeks. But what they didn't know is that they weren't only saving one life...they were saving 12, all thanks to the previously skittish pup.
    This is Hero. He'd been avoiding rescue for a while, until one night he started behaving differently.

Facebook

He wouldn't stop barking at rescuer Marina Tarashevsce and dog behaviorist John Miller. Tarashevsce was worried that he was sick or in trouble...

But Miller knew that the pup was trying to get the two to follow him, so that's what they did.

Facebook

The male stray led them straight to a litter of 10 very young puppies and their mother, Mona. They were curled up in a dense forest.

The rescuers believe that there are likely multiple biological fathers of the litter...

Facebook

And while Hero might not be related by blood, he's definitely a loving and watchful father figure.

Though the pups are too young to be sent to their forever homes, some of them have already been pre-adopted.

Facebook

Because honestly, who could resist such a teeny tush?

Facebook

...Or this belly?!

Facebook

They were all very lucky to have such a smart dog like Hero around.

Facebook

And after all those days in the woods, this doting dad got a nice, well-deserved bath.

Facebook

Mona's pups are all healthy and looking forward to their long lives ahead!

Facebook

(via CBS, Facebook, The Dodo)
    If you'd like to help the Dallas Dogrrr rescue group with more rescues and rehabilitations like this, you can contribute to their Amazon wish list. Hopefully, every member of this slightly unconventional family will find their own homes soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, I had read the story somewhere, but this is the first set of pictures I have seen! What a a smart boy!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Hero is smarter than some folks, heartwarming story!

Very heartwarming story, Horray for Hero.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

What a great story!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla