Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie, Pet of the day

Charlie, Pet of the day

I am so very happy to read Charlie has found a loving home, is loved and cherished as all children and animals should be.

My beloved Sasha (calico angel, now 8 1/2 years old) was a stray, pregnant kitten. She "adopted" me and after much resisting my husband was "adopted" too. Now she's Daddy's little girl, and as he calls her "the best cat in the city".

Sasha had five of the cutest kittens whom we loved for 9 weeks and then the first 4 were adopted to good homes. No. 5 kitten stayed another 10 days before she went to her new "parents" and cat sister.

I love all animals and cannot ever understand people who harm animals -- or, horrors!, children.

Perhaps the saying "what goes around, comes around" and the people who did not respect Charlie as a living being who needs love, protection and attention will, in the end, "get theirs" ... I hope so.
    SueD

Charlie , you beauty , welcome to Pettalk !! I am so happy your humans take such good care of you !! No animal deserves to be treated the way you were treated !! I teach my children to be nice and loving toward any animal !! I couldn't live without my pets , and I have learned over the years that they are masters in cheering up theit humans !!
    Charlie , have a great day today , make as much noice as you like !!!

Charlie

Thank goodness you & Charlie found each other. I was reading his story as I sit here with my beloved Norman the Cockatiel and wanted to cry. I can't imagine harming an animal and the thing that scares me is that these children will grow to be adults with the same behavior! If I didn't live in an apartment I'd have a zoo wanting to rescue all of the "Charlies". You are a very special person and Charlie, who is beautiful feathers or no, is lucky to have you! So now I think I will go cry!
    hoover

Oh Charlie, your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank goodness that you have a wonderful home now. And it is so true that rescued pets are the best, that is why my Clyde is so special to me.
    Congrads to you and your wonderful parents on being pet of the day!

Charlie
    I am awash in tears after reading your story. How could anyone treat you so badly? After all that, you still sang. There's a lesson for all of us in that. I'm so thankful you found a loving forever home. You not only deserve the top honors of Pet of the Day, but honors of Survivor Extrodinare!!!

Charlie, dear, sweet Charlie. Yes, you have lost your feathers, parts of your feet and suffered horrifying indignity, neglect and abuse. No living creature should ever have to endure the horrors that you have. But despite all of that, as Connies says, you still have a song in your heart. How incredibly forgiving our cherished furry and feathered friends can be. Your former "keepers" may have hurt you, but they could not break your spirit. I can't thank your rescuer, your saviour, your earthly guardain angel enough for showing you the true meaning of human love and devotion. You have the most amazing soul, little Charlie. You are truly an inspiration. In the loving care of your guardian, for all of the days of your life, I know you will nothing but kindness, compassion and love. It was an honor to meet you and your guardian, beautiful Charlie. I cannot express adequately how touched I was by your story. Congratulations to you Charlie; for perservering, for learning to love and trust again and for being honored as our most deeply deserving, most beautiful Pet of the Day!! We send our love to you dear, precious Charlie!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Charlie, you are such a wonderful birdie, and I'm so glad someone was willing and compassionate enough to rescue you from the horrors of your previous existence. It is a miracle that you are coming around to trust humans again after all you were subjected to . . . what a touching story with a loving outcome . . . blessings to you and your guardian, dear Charlie!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Charlie, this is a wonderful story of love, I'm so amazed by your new family on being beautiful kind of people. I love animals with all my heart, and is hard for me to understand people who mistreat them.
    You are so cute, sweet and lovely bird, congatulations on your day.

Kisses
    Gil, my 2 tiels Lucy & Poly, & my quaker Tom-Tom.

Hello Charlie,

After seeing your Pretty Boy picture & reading your
    story of rescue I could just cuddle you and Congratulate
    your sweet person for welcoming you into a REAL loving
    family Sing as much as you want ,sweet little one and
    celebrate today as your 2nd very Special day in your life.
    (first being when you met your person). Charlie you are
    a very Special PET OF THE DAY !!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Charlie I am so sorry that you life was so horrible for a time and now I am so happy that you have a wonderful family who loves you and a wonderful forever home. Miracles do happen. I must say you are one handsome bird, your coloring is just magnificent. Congratulations dear, sweet, handsome Charlie Our Very Best Pet of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Charlie, I am so glad that you found a "real" home...one where you are loved & cherished like you deserve to be. I was crying when I read your story...no birdie deserves to be treated like that. I am so glad that your human rescued you, and they deserve to be "human of the day" Congratulations on being Pet of the day!!

I was in tears reading about Charlie's horrible life before he was rescued! I can't understand how people can be so cruel and why they persist in bringing beautiful creatures into their lives only to mistreat them.

Charlie is a beautiful, beautiful boy and he deserves the love, care and respect that he now receives.

I shudder to think what those horrid children will be like when they grow up. I have a bit of a clue because my feline boy, Norman, was rescued from a family member's home after he suffered a broken leg (and the vet found that his tail had previously been broken) by the family member's son throwing him against a wall. Norman was only 5 months old. The child is now 16 and has been sent to a school out of state for violent behaviour toward his mother and younger brother.

This family also realized that they could no longer keep Norman and sought a new, safe home for Norman immediately. They also realized they couldn't allow any other animals to be tortured, so they have abstained from pet ownership. I hope the people who mistreated Charlie do not have any other pets they can inflict harm on.

As I am certain Charlie's human does for him, I thank my lucky stars for Norman every day! Despite being horribly mistreated, Norman is the most affectionate kitty I have ever met. I think he would stay attached to me 24/7 if he could.

He is now 9 and he still suffers problems due to his broken leg. He has never been able to jump very far & even has to pull himself onto the bed or sofa. I try my best to give him a good and living home. I love him very much and feel blessed to have him in my life.

Best wishes and blessings to beautiful, sweet Charlie and his loving human! I agree with Cookiebaker, that Charlie's human should be "human of the day."
    Last edited by anoushka; 12-22-2002 at 07:55 PM.

Charlie,

Reading your story was very uplifting. You truly are a beautiful boy!

Regarding Charlie....

I'd like to thank everyone who posted about Charlie.
    I found out today that he was pet of the day for 12/22/02.

Unfortunately, Charlie died on 12/04/02.
    His pancreas finally gave out, and though he was eating, he was not able to metaoblize anything and died very suddenly.
    He appeared outwardly fine up until he was found dead.
    Normal droppings, normal activity, normal eating levels, normal everything.

I did have a necropsy done on his body which confirmed that he did starve to death as the result of his pancreas being little more than mush and his liver being quite enlarged.

All of these problems were caused by 7 years on an all seed diet.

I asked the vet to take pictures of the necropsy, and now use them on my budgies-n-tiels.com site in the diet section as yet another warning against an all seed diet for captive birds.
    http://budgies-n-tiels.com

Poor Charlie!! You precious, Beautiful Birdie. May you rest in peace always!

Tviokh, I am so sorry about your loss and trust that you have many many happy memories to cherish.