Thread: Bathing adult cat NEVER had a beth before

Bathing adult cat NEVER had a beth before

My cat needs a bath, I just think he would LOOK better if he was clean. He doesn't stink, I comb him every day. His coat is soft and fluffy. He is short haired and at least 15 years old. He is a rescue cat, we got when he was just a baby. Best cat I have every had and he loves all the people who come in the store. In fact sometimes the people will ask to see him the moment they come in the store.
    Name:  morrisbestr.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  9.1 KBName:  morrisbestr.jpg
Size:  9.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by george111 View Post
    My cat needs a bath, I just think he would LOOK better if he was clean. He doesn't stink, I comb him every day. His coat is soft and fluffy. He is short haired and at least 15 years old. He is a rescue cat, we got when he was just a baby. Best cat I have every had and he loves all the people who come in the store. In fact sometimes the people will ask to see him the moment they come in the store.
    If he does not look or smell dirty, why bother? How does he react to water? Some cats enjoy it, some despise it! Could you, instead of an actual bath, just wipe him down with a soapy washcloth and then a damp one to get the soap off? Definitely get kitty-safe shampoo before attempting any of this, of course, as cats lick their fur and will in best anything that gets on it!
    I've Been Frosted

He's beautiful! I love orange kitties! Could you gently wipe down his coat with a disposable kitty wipe from the pet store?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

cat needs a bath

thanks for your replies. I will give that a try.

He's a handsome boy and reminds me of my orange George.

Usually cats are self-cleaning. And if he doesn't stink or have matted fur then you are doing everything right.

I've only bathed one cat before and that was because we had a flea infestation and he needed to be bathed.
    My previous neighbor gave his cats regular baths, I think once a month. But they were used to it and tolerated it.
    A 15 year old kitty who has never had a bath...................if you attempt this, get lots of band-aids!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

i give one of my guys a bath everyday (because he is incontinent). It took a while but he eventually got used to having a bath. But it is not something that I would recommend unless you need to

Blog Entries
    I have had countless cats and in my experience and their unfortunate ones, they freakin' detest them with a passsion and behave as though you are going to kill them. It is very dreadful, they are very fearful and unless you are wearing leather gloves, will scratch
    ya to bits. If they have fleas, gotta be done, but only if they have fleas. Use a fine tooth comb first ,after every brush on dry hair and dip it into boiling water after every comb. Takes a while to do but kills the eggs instantly and you are gonna be needing the eggs dead. Then use a good flea shampoo. Cat might hide and pout for a while. Our last cat we bathed hid for 2 days. We looked high and low. She was SOME pissed. When we finally found her it was one of the best days! This is only MHO but I'm pretty sure that if you have an adult cat, getting a bath by you is certainly not gonna be on that cats "To do" list. I think you will both regret it babe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george111 View Post
    How is your cat now and I hope he likes to bath a more.

Just wipe her to soft cloths. After that brush her hair well. If she did not scare from water then you can give her proper bath.