Thread: Sweet Survivor Shanie

Sweet Survivor Shanie

What a pretty girl you are, Shanie! No one would ever guess you are a senior dog, with that thick black fur and sweet face! How fortunate your mom saved you that fateful day, and knew, despite how scared and sick you were, that you just needed a chance to not only survive, but become the much loved dog you were always meant to be! We are very glad you were there to save your young boy's life - we know that between the German Shepherd side and the Rottweiler side, that is a role you were born to do! You knew he was in danger each time, and even if it meant biting you mom's hand so she woke up and understood the situation, you did what you had to to make sure he stayed safe! And we are sure he and his sitter have learned lessons they will keep with them their whole lives on how to love a good dog! We hope you still have lots of time left with your family, even though we know dogs never live as long as we want them to. Congratulations Shanie - you are Dog of the Day for the whole world to celebrate!
    I've Been Frosted

"Dogs are awesome" and this girl exemplifies that saying. Bless Shanie for the good she's done in her life and bless you for saving her so she could. What a fortunate situation for all involved.

Brave, beautiful Shanie!

Happy Dog of the Day, beautiful Shanie!!! A warning to my fellow Pet Talkers...break out the tissues before reading! Oh, what a heart wrenching, heart warming, life affirming story is yours, sweet Shanie girl! Talk about a rescue pup repaying the kindness and compassion shown her, talk about paying it forward! Not only have you been the bestest furry friend, family member a pack of humans could ever hope for these past near 15 years, you've been their protector, their hero, their Dog of a Lifetime! There aren't words enough to describe just how special you are, Shanie! God bless your mommy for seeing the diamond in the rough that you were that fateful day at the shelter, giving one most deserving doggie a 2nd chance at a happy life! I can only imagine the strength it took for you to survive you horrific start at life, Shanie, but survive you did, thrive you did, and your family, the world is a better place because you did! You're one beautiful, amazing girl, Shanie, a Dog of a Lifetime!

Heartfelt thanks to your family for sharing your beautiful self, your heartwarming story, all of those heart melting photos with us! It's an honor to have had the chance to pay tribute to you, and all that you mean to your family! Enjoy your much deserved day in the spotlight, sweetheart, being treated to all your heart desires and more! And here's to a very happy 16th birthday, with many more happy times ahead for you and your wonderful family! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Shanie, Dog of a Lifetime!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats on being DOTD, pretty Shanie.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Shanie

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You are truly amazing. I'm so glad you found such a wonderful home.
    I especially love the picture with the kittens.
    Celebrate your special day.

Blog Entries
    Shanie is a superstar, one of a kind who has gone above and beyond! Thank-you for the very heartwarming story about her life, a very touching tribute to your beautiful, smart and loving dog. Many hugs and smooches to Shanie, Excellent DOTD!

She sounds like one of those dogs you only get to have once in a lifetime. Happy DOTD!