Thread: Wells Fargo

Hybrid View

Wells Fargo

Just an FYI...

If you have any dealings with them electronically, they have been hacked again. There were unauthorized account access attempts over the weekend.

I'd advise getting hold of them and either deleting your online access entirely (I understand that this isn't practical for some) or, at a minimum, changing all password and contact information for them.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I was having issues with someone trying to access my online account so I would change the password and it would happen again. So someone advised me to change my username AND password. Since I have done that (so far) it has been fine. It was only a few weeks between times they disabled my account because of failed attempts to log in.

So, do you think I need to go change it all again?? Sigh...........
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yes.

Frankly, I'm glad I only have dealings with them on one aspect of my finances. I can do everything I need to do with them by mail.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

On Saturday, I received a large packet in the mail welcoming me to a new bank based in Seattle.

My checks, savings account and all other transactions would be honored under the 'old' banks computer system, until the conversion was complete.

My BIGGEST problem?

I don't remember being a member of either bank....

I call the 'customer service center' that afternoon and got the 'the SC is closed, call on Monday between the hours of ......"

So, I spend the next day and a half wondering about some moron who has taken over my identity, opened up some kind of an account in my name.

------

I wake up and look at the clock every 5 minutes until the magic hour and call.....

Seems that this is a second bank that took over the credit union I used to belong to and they are sending out a mass mailing based on info that is 8 years old....Modern tech, you have to love it.