Thread: Cat Show

Blog Entries

Cat Show

We are going to the Cat Show this weekend in White Rock B.C. Pretty darn excited. We go every year and some are better than others but we always enjoy them immensely. Does any one else on Pet Talk attend Cat Shows or enter their pussycats? If so, where?

Oh, mon! Have a wonderful time, and do tell the pretty kitties you see about Cat of the Day! I am horrifically allergic to cats, so cannot ever attend a cat show - having attended a few flower shows in my lifetime - which I absolutely adored - was miserable enough, allergen-wise, I cannot imagine I'd last long at a cat show, but I would love to!
    I've Been Frosted

There's one held every year in Ann Arbor, which I always attend. There are others in suburban Detroit which I used to attend pretty regularly, but I haven't in a while.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Yes it would be nice to see some while travelling but may be difficult to arrange (tee-hee) The one in White Rock had poor attendance last year so we're hoping for a better turn out. So sorry to hear about your allergies Karen, that really stinks! I am allergic to cats and whatever else too but I can manage them with antihistamines so far. My 4yr. old cousin is not allowed in our home or anyone elses with any animals because his allergies are so severe. Breaks my heart as we are close but we're keeping our cat!

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to tell everyone that it was the best Cat Show this year! All breeds seemed to be represented in all their spoiled glory, every hair in place. There was also two divas that were extremely ticked off at one of the judges, full on hissy fits and growls. Clearly they had had enough of being "shown". It was impossible not to giggle but I imagine they did not fare too well in those competitions. From household pets to Hairless Russian Peterbald, Bengals, Australian Mist cats, Sphynx, Ocicats and so many other rare and lovely breeds it was hard to leave. I recommend it highly to any cat lovers who have the opportunity to attend. People there are very warm and could talk all day about their beloved cats, I learned a lot.