Thread: Pill Bottles - Malawi Needs Them!

Pill Bottles - Malawi Needs Them!

I have often been annoyed that my drugstore chain will not reuse pill bottles. I routinely peel off the labels before I recycle them, but still, they are perfectly usable, surely they could do some good - and it turns out, they can!!!!!!!!! Pet meds, human meds, they all come in these bottles - and all can be donated!

From the Facebook page for http://malawiproject.org/

Malawi Needs Medicine Bottles
    We throw them away. They go to a landfill. After all, what can we use them for after the medicineis gone? It’s those empty medicine bottles. Still clean and new like the day they were born there should be something they can be used for.
    There is! You can boil water and clean off the labels and glue and send them to Malawi. So often in the small rural hospitals medicine is dispensed into small torn pieces of newspaper for transportation to village homes. Then where to put them? Where will they be safe? Where will they be out of reach of children? Where will they stay clean?
    Send your clean medicine bottles to:
    Malawi Project
    3314 Van Tassel Drive
    Indianapolis, IN 46240
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Cool! Thanks for letting us know. We'll be saving this address for future use.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Great idea!

I use two of them for storing $1 coins and quarters for laundry day!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I just chuck them into the recycle bin, I also have some colored plastic ones that I will send along!

This is such a great idea, I even emailed it to my church's Missions committee people, as we have, of course, elderly folks in our church as well as people of all ages, and I know many rely on medicines daily!
    I've Been Frosted

Awesome idea.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I will have to pass this on to my parents. I know my dad takes a TON of meds!
    Or I should just tell mom to save them up and I can mail them out.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This makes me WANT to take my pills......I already have about 12 old ones and I am looking thru the house for some that I re-purposed for other stuff...

Weee - my church is going to do this for sure, and one choir member tonight said, "I hope you have a BIG box ready .... " I assured her we will!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you so much for this information! Now I know that my prescription bottles can be used to help countless others and they'll be sent over. I will pass this on to my Pastor and ask her to announce it at our service on Sunday.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks for the reminder. I knew I had seen this somewhere. A few weeks before this was posted I had thrown out a lot of old pill bottles. Yikes.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)