Thread: Jadie has some issues...

Jadie has some issues...

We thought Jadie was having seizures, so we took her in to the vet for testing on Saturday. Copying my facebook post over to here for those who aren't on facebook.

Jadie does have an enlarged heart and murmur. Vet is starting her on two meds - basically blood pressure meds & lasix. All her other lab work turned out good. No other organ issues. The left side of her heart is in better shape than the right side. The main vet says to keep her activity down (like we've been trying to do) and they recommend an EKG (or it it ECG?) in order to determine if there are underlying issues causing irregularities with the rhythm of her heart that are causing these issues - which to them do not sound quite like seizures because she comes around and is back to herself so quickly - within minutes instead of longer, which would be more indicative of a seizure. Also, they said when they did the x-ray on her for her heart today she was totally laid back and was like, "yeah okay do whatever" where some dogs get very antsy and upset at that type of handling. Once again, people commented on what a sweet dog she is.

Her follow up appointment is 03/28/15 - so we'll see what is going on better then. If she hasn't had any episodes by then we'll do the other test then (it's quite pricey). If she has another episode before then, we will have to find the funding to get the test done before then. Until then, we just keep her as calm as we can and love her!

That is what I put on facebook. We started her meds this morning so she'd have a full day with them and she's been okay.

The vet said if we notice all she's doing with the lasix is drinking & peeing, etc... we can cut it back to 1/4 pill 2x daily.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

So glad she is coping okay! And yeah, glad they said you can cut back on the Lasix if you want to! I hope she continues to feel fine!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    to pretty little Jadie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

So, Jadie has been on her medication for one week. I just refilled her weekly pill container, so I am certain it is one week, LOL. (I can't trust my brain most days!)

She seems to have a lot more energy. She is obviously not full of puppy energy and never will be again. But, she has been doing the "bark bark bark" when we get home. AND she does not seem as winded. I am cautiously optimistic that this is the correct path!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    So, Jadie has been on her medication for one week. I just refilled her weekly pill container, so I am certain it is one week, LOL. (I can't trust my brain most days!)

She seems to have a lot more energy. She is obviously not full of puppy energy and never will be again. But, she has been doing the "bark bark bark" when we get home. AND she does not seem as winded. I am cautiously optimistic that this is the correct path!
    Aww, sounds good!
    I've Been Frosted

Glad to hear she's doing better - she's really cute - but you already know that

As for EKG vs ECG - you can use whatever you want. They mean the same thing.