Thread: Life with Mikey Chapter 2

Life with Mikey Chapter 2

So its been a couple months since we've seen the vet and her only answer to Mikey's spraying is to either cage him or medicate him. Since caging him isn't an option and medicating him is making him miserable and he's still spraying, we're done with that particular experiment.

I've repainted the house. I only have to repaint the hallway and the attic. Everything else is 100% freshly scrubbed and painted. I have muscles where I didn't know I had them before! I bought every cleaner known to mankind promising that cats wouldn't pee because they don't like the smell of it. So far my house smells nice (Christmasy in fact) but Mikey still pees over the products .

The new carpet is coming whenever the cold weather breaks, which should be August, or at least that's what the groundhog predicted. They will install special padding with plastic over the padding. Take that Mikey! It'll feel like walking on a diaper, as I can only imagine. oh they luxury a home with cats brings.

I haven't seen our stray kitties, not even their footprints in the snow, so I don't know why he's spraying. He's not talking to me about it. He's too busy bringing socks, pantyhose, and bras up from the laundry in the basement. I can never find anything any more. you should see me getting ready for work in the morning! Come visit my house and there's piles of my laundry everywhere. Not from me dropping it, noooo, from him "hunting". Stay long enough and he'll bring you gifts. He meows as he's bringing you his treasure. its hysterically funny because he's so proud of himself. My basement has socks scattered from one end to the other - I have no matched sets anymore thanks to him.

Even though he sprays I love him to death. He has taken most of his spraying to the basement, right on the brand new door --- oh, the one I have yet to paint. (Let me update the things I have to paint yet.... the hallway, the attic, and the basement). Hey, if he keeps doing that, I'll let him alone. No pilling, no yelling, nothin'. I'll clean the spot and he can keep his bad behavior to one spot. We'll live in harmony.

Aww, at least it's that one door - you have not painted it yet, any sense is tacking a pee pad up on it just so the pee doesn't soak in, or is it not a wooden door?

How quirky he loves distributing laundry like that! I am glad you have come to an understanding, anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    You, my friend, deserve an award.

Oh My Goodness! What a dilemma! That's quite a problem imo. You sure are doing all you can to help stop it ... and yet he still sprays. Gosh, I am so glad George does not do that. I get irritated with George and Sissy "fighting" but it's nothing compared to what you are going through. I think it's sort of cute that he drags your laundry around. Many years ago I had a Siamese that would drag my socks and undies from my bedroom to the den. Hope your Mikey sprays in one location. Good Luck!

Bless you, catnapper, for sticking with mikey. I, too have a spraying cat now. Oliver (aka Woody), is a declawed foster that I am caring for. He is not in pain, but perhaps some mental distress as he sprays everywhere, including me! I came on tonight to see if Feliway or Clomicalm would help. Or if anyone has any other advice.

He also bites. And hard. So medicating is out unless it's sprayed on his food.

I'll post some pictures later. And a longer story about Ollie.

Karen, funnily enough, I've had the same idea about puppy pads. Put them in certain places and just change the pads out. Whatever works.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)