Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I do the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention?

You will have to deal with that person to give them job assignments, etc.?

Try to have a third party present when you do.

You never know when people will 'mis-hear' a conversation?
    I work with this person 4 days a week, I'm his supervisor. It's just me and him. I'm so nervous to go into work tomorrow. I don't really want to deal with the awkwardness...I also close the store alone most nights. I think I'm likely going to quit. The manager says pretty mean things to me as well. I almost think I could have a case against him for the things he tells me. I've gone to the bathroom crying at least 4 times because of him. He's also keeping this incident a secret from management, so I suppose if the co worker does something to me I can use that against the manager....(He and the manager are friends)

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sowa View Post
    I work with this person 4 days a week, I'm his supervisor. It's just me and him. I'm so nervous to go into work tomorrow. I don't really want to deal with the awkwardness...I also close the store alone most nights. I think I'm likely going to quit. The manager says pretty mean things to me as well. I almost think I could have a case against him for the things he tells me. I've gone to the bathroom crying at least 4 times because of him. He's also keeping this incident a secret from management, so I suppose if the co worker does something to me I can use that against the manager....(He and the manager are friends)
    You should contact the owners of the store, whoever your manager has to report to. The manager and his friend are the problem, not you. It will take courage to get through this, but you have all of Pet Talk behind you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You should contact the owners of the store, whoever your manager has to report to. The manager and his friend are the problem, not you. It will take courage to get through this, but you have all of Pet Talk behind you!
    Yes, Drop a dime to the area supervisor/boss.

At the worst?

You may have to go look for a job somewhere else, But keeping your sanity is far more important than putting up with the BS - it's not worth it.

------

When the idiot 'boss' says something hurtful to you, ask them to repeat it.

IF they ask why, say "I just want to make sure that I understand you." Do not do it in a smarmy way, ask them straight out....When that happens, they will back down....Don't do it EVERY time, just the times where you feel like they are being AHs.

Best wishes and keep your wits about you......Sometimes YOU are the only sane one in the planet!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I've decided to I'm probably going to go on stress leave. It's just to much for me to deal with. I was going to quit in the summer anyway because I'm going back to school but I'll have to see what my doctor says next week.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Please do report this to the owners, even if you leave. This will happen to other staff as well. Write down what was actually said to you, and the date if you can.

Take care of yourself and don't let this criminal team get away with their crap!

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Count me in with the: You did the right thing! I can't believe he wasn't fired! A $300 item, that is a big deal!

Sorry you are having to deal with all this.

You did the right thing. I'm surprised he wasn't fired.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

8. Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom View Post
    You did the right thing. I'm surprised he wasn't fired.
    ^ this.

id deff go to a CEO. i think the manager being friends with the thief has clouded his judgement an proper actions are not being taken.
    in the mean time i suggest leaving what you cant shove in your pants pockets at home or get a little locket to lock your purse up if you have one incase dipstick gets any ideas.

Blog Entries
    One of my first jobs was working selling perogies at the P.N.E.when I was 16.The bosses two sons worked with me and smoked hash all day.Suddenly, out of the blue, what do you know? Forty dollars is missing. They both noticed I had given the wrong change out to the tune of 40$ They smirked and said they were going to tell daddy. I knew I didn't have hope in hell so I just told them where to put it and quit on the spot. He was crazy about his creepy little sons. If they both saw me give the wrong change, I'm pretty sure they would have said so at the time. Blatant lie, they stole to buy more hash. I didn't even go back for my check and I worked my ass off for two weeks, 12 hrs. A day. Point is, live and learn. Some folks are rotten. Sometimes quitting is a beautiful thing too. Movin on can be sweet. They should count their blessings I was so young and sweet at the time. They might both be a nut short today😁😂