Thread: Purina Urinary Formula

Purina Urinary Formula

I seem to recall reading here that Purina was pretty good regarding their kibble.

I don't want to risk my cats' health but am also hoping to cut down on food costs just a bit.

Has anyone had any experience with this food?

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm not a big fan of Purina products, but when my RB Ming started having urinary tract problems I used this food from Purina with great success. I later switched to the Wilderness brand, but I would say the urinary tract dry is one of Purina's better products. It worked fine for Ming.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks so much for telling me that, katladyd!

Blog Entries
    I have read an article regarding purina that it's not good, well maybe it depends to cats digestive system if they like it or not.

I understand what you are saying as I have read the same things. I only know that it worked for Ming, very well, in fact. If you don't have the money for the top foods like Wilderness, this food may work for you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Good, it helps to maintain a cat's urinary control by providing low magnesium for your cat. Their dry foods are very helpful for it. I also gave my Kitty Purina PRO PLAN for 2 months. It gives my kitty healthy life and strong bones.

I was just on this site for another thread, discussing litters. I had noticed they have a new product and now see this thread.

You may want to try this litter, Health Monitor:

http://www.preciouscat.com/health-mo...eryday-litter/

Don't know if it is available in Canada. We can get it in USA on Amazon, Chewy.com, at PetSmart and PetCo among other places.

Never seen it before, so I am not 'recommending' it, just letting you know this is out there.

I saw that litter the other day. What a fantastic idea!

Thanks for mentioning it.

Patch does very well on the Purina indoor advantage. It has eliminated hairballs and he does very well on it overall. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again for another cat. (Meow mix, etc, is about useless, but without going to an expensive food, the Purina one line seems pretty good)
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.