Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superb Smokey

Superb Smokey

What a smart kitten you were that day, so many years ago Smokey! You knew you might be overlooked because your black fur means you blend in with the shadows, but you spotted your future human, went over and made the introduction - and the rest is history! We think it is a little funny they thought you were all grown up, but you still were a kitten but a very big kitten! Your fur looks so soft and plush! We are glad you family loves you so much, and even tries to maintain a routine for you!! Congratulations, you are Cat of the Day for the whole world to celebrate!
    I've Been Frosted

Congrats on being COTD handsome Smokey.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dearest Smokey, you are stunning! What a gorgeous fluffy Maine-Coon-mix kitty you are. Your luxurious long fur is beautiful, black with tinges of red in it. And what a sweet face you have, with those big lovely green eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen to Lafayette, CA to pet you and rub that tummy you display in the one picture (only if you like tummy rubs, of course). I can't, but I know your loving and beloved family members will pet you and rub your tummy (only if you like tummy rubs, of course) for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You picked out your new Purrrson at the shelter and walked up and introduced yourself, then went right home with him/her! You have been a treasured member of the family ever since. You are "sweet, smart, curious, patient, loyal, affectionate, and sometimes amusing." And you have your routine all worked out with them because you don't like change. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Smokey, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Smokey

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day. You knew a good thing when you saw it, picking your new family.
    I'm just like you, I don't like change either. Your family can see that and respects it.
    Sounds like you have a great life, so celebrate your special day.

You certainly showed some initiative Smokey , realizing that the Guardian looking for a New Cat would just love you , and that you were exactly the Cat that they were looking for.
    And after that your charm took over and you were a Found Cat , the most important day in a Cat's life.

You truly are a remarkable Cat Smokey with your Black/Grey Fur tinged with red accents.
    WE are so pleased to make your our Newest Cat Companion.

My Smokey And Smoke Angels are starting a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Four Our Newest Happy Cat Super Smokey!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What a smart kitten you were that day, so many years ago Smokey! You knew you might be overlooked because your black fur means you blend in with the shadows, but you spotted your future human, went over and made the introduction - and the rest is history! We think it is a little funny they thought you were all grown up, but you still were a kitten but a very big kitten! Your fur looks so soft and plush! We are glad you family loves you so much, and even tries to maintain a routine for you!! Congratulations, you are Cat of the Day for the whole world to celebrate!
    Thank you so much for making Smokey Cat of the Day and for the kind words!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom View Post
    Congrats on being COTD handsome Smokey.
    Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Smokey is a fine COTD, hope he is spoiled rotten. Change is overrated 4 sure. Our shelter cat picked us too, she was SO proud of her stripy self we just could not leave without her. Smokey is a jolly good fellow...which nobody can deny!!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dearest Smokey, you are stunning! What a gorgeous fluffy Maine-Coon-mix kitty you are. Your luxurious long fur is beautiful, black with tinges of red in it. And what a sweet face you have, with those big lovely green eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen to Lafayette, CA to pet you and rub that tummy you display in the one picture (only if you like tummy rubs, of course). I can't, but I know your loving and beloved family members will pet you and rub your tummy (only if you like tummy rubs, of course) for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You picked out your new Purrrson at the shelter and walked up and introduced yourself, then went right home with him/her! You have been a treasured member of the family ever since. You are "sweet, smart, curious, patient, loyal, affectionate, and sometimes amusing." And you have your routine all worked out with them because you don't like change. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Smokey, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, Smokey does indeed have a beautiful coat. When I adopted him at the shelter, his fur was entirely black, except for a small white spot on his stomach. But after a while, bands of a rust brown color began to come in (although one of the photos makes the brown part of his fur look slightly more red than it actually is). And yes, his purrrsonality is absolutely delightful!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaDWM View Post
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day. You knew a good thing when you saw it, picking your new family.
    I'm just like you, I don't like change either. Your family can see that and respects it.
    Sounds like you have a great life, so celebrate your special day.
    Thank you very much!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post

You certainly showed some initiative Smokey , realizing that the Guardian looking for a New Cat would just love you , and that you were exactly the Cat that they were looking for.
    And after that your charm took over and you were a Found Cat , the most important day in a Cat's life.

You truly are a remarkable Cat Smokey with your Black/Grey Fur tinged with red accents.
    WE are so pleased to make your our Newest Cat Companion.

My Smokey And Smoke Angels are starting a Big MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Four Our Newest Happy Cat Super Smokey!!!
    Thank you very much! Yes, I have heard that it's not unusual for a cat to pick his or her family!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Smokey is a fine COTD, hope he is spoiled rotten. Change is overrated 4 sure. Our shelter cat picked us too, she was SO proud of her stripy self we just could not leave without her. Smokey is a jolly good fellow...which nobody can deny!!
    Oh yes, he is definitely spoiled, and deserves to be!

Super Smokey!

Happy Cat of the Day, Smokey! Congrats on being crowned "top cat!"

What a magnificent Maine Coon kitty you are, simply gorgeous, and not looking a day over 6! Not sure which is more impressive, your long, fluffy coat or your incredible black and burnt orange coloring! And you know, you really are teasing us with that "belly up" pose! Now there's a tummy begging to be rubbed!

I'm with you, Smokey! Not fond of change either! Besides, why mess with perfection, for that is exactly the life you're leading, one of utter perfection! Then again, you knew all along what you were in for the day you chose your family for your very own...a life of luxury, pampering, and endless love!

Yes, your family truly is blessed, having a furkid as "sweet, smart, curious, patient, loyal, affectionate, and sometimes amusing," as you, having known your love and companionship these near 14 years (with many more yet to come)!

Thanks for bringing some much needed warmth to my cold and snowy day, Smokey! Meeting you, seeing your precious photo spread, made my day so much brighter!

Enjoy your much deserved day on center stage, sweetheart, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more!
    Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Smokey, Cat of a Lifetime!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you

I replied to each of your messages individually but for some reason my replies haven't shown up (at least yet), so hopefully this general reply will.
    Thank you all so much for the kind words! We are extremely lucky that Smokey chose us, and it would be hard to count all the ways that he brings joy to our home every single day.

Smokey, you look so much like a cat I had years ago, Ebony. Enjoy your special day. You are the classic example of "who adopted whom?"
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb