Thread: The (awesome) Oreo Cat

The (awesome) Oreo Cat

What a handsome fluffy boy you are, Oreo, and we can see how you got your name! Thank goodness you and Patches were found, and your now-uncle rescued you both when your cat mother did not reappear! What a frightening time that must have been, and then when you nearly died, even scarier! We are so glad your now-forever mom remembered what she had seen about mouth-no=nose resuscitation, and was able to revive you enough sop you could get the veterinary care you needed to live. And now you use your story to help other kitties in need, too! It's fun your mom was already a children's book illustrator before you even met, and now you have two real books for people to buy! And your campaign against declawing is great, too! Congratulations, Oreo Cutie! You are now not only a muse, a literary kitty, and an Internet Celebrity, you are now Cat of the Day for the whole world to celebrate! Congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

Concatulations dearest Oreo on being COTD.

What a scary story Oreo! Thank God your humans were there to save you. Many congrats on being COTD.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oreo

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day.
    Your young life so far has been amazing and lucky.
    From being found with your sister, to being saved.
    You have grown into a very handsome boy.
    Celebrate your special day.

Oreo the Survivor

Incredible story and incredible owner who went above and beyond to save the life of one little, special kitty. You are beyond an angel to care for animals the way you do; you will have a special place in Heaven some day. And Oreo, a very special happy COTD to you after all you have been through.

Oreo , you are such a little survivor thanks to the good people who adopted you , and fought so hard for you , when others may have given up the fight. They should feel so proud of themselves as you truly are One Great and Famous Cat , and a Cat Celebrity too!!!

We are so pleased to meet you Oreo , as we have several Tuxedo Cats and Angels , and they are such funny and special Cats with a great sense of humor.

We are all sending Our Special Friendship MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWW To Our Newest Friend and Our Newest Cat of the Day Owesome Oreo.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi neighbor!

It was heartwarming (and sometimes sad and scary) to read about the life you have shared so far with beautiful Oreo. I am so relieved that these beautiful kittens were found by your family because as you know, in Québec, we have a huge problem with the lack of animal welfare laws and overpopulation of cats (and dogs). Thank goodness Oreo and Patches crossed paths with such animal-loving people and now have the special fur-ever homes they deserve. I wish you many many happy, healthy years together and will now go and look up your books. Must encourage local talent, especially if it means helping pussycats at the same time.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Hello Orea, What a handsome boy you are! I think you are one lucky cat to be alive with the help of your humans! You sure did fight hard to live and now you are a very famous boy. All your photos are wonderful. I hope you have a long happy healthy life. Congrats on being COTD!

Miracle Kitty Oreo!

Greetings Oreo! Happy Cat of the Day!

You truly are a miracle kitty, Oreo, a fighter and survivor of epic proportions! Your indomitable spirit, your will to live, is an inspiration to us all! You and your family, your story, is so special, your and your family's good deeds so numerous, it's hard to know where to begin!

First, we have to give great thanks to your aunt and uncle for rescuing you and sister Patches from almost certain death, for caring for you those critical first few days until your daddy and mommy could take over! Little did your parents know the challenges that lay ahead, but meet them they did! Their unwavering devotion, their round the clock care and life saving measures, their willingness to do all in their power to save you, make them heroes in my book! It would take some time for your fragile little self to fully recover, but once you did, there was no stopping you!

As your mommy says, it is because of you, Oreo, that your parents have grown to be even more creative, more giving people than they already were! And now, through your and your family's educational outreach, your books and your fundraising and charitable giving, you're helping to improve the lives of so many other deserving kitties! What a way to pay it forward, what a legacy! Yes, you truly are one EXTRA special kitty, Oreo, and your family so very blessed to have a "life changer," an inspiration, a best friend and loving furkid, in you! You're already an Internet celebrity, and deservedly so! And now you can add Cat of the Day *superstar* honoree to your resume!

Enjoy your big day of honor, beautiful boy, and keep up the good work, bringing so much love and lightness to this world! Love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Oreo, Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    So glad Oreo was saved, just barely, talk about a close call! Well done!! Just mesmerising, I could look at Oreo all day. Lotsa love to a very special and precious COTD!

Beautiful, fluffy Oreo! You are a very special cat, indeed! How wonderful that your people worked together to help you and your sister, and your mommy and daddy cared for you diligently until you were healthy and strong! You are a gorgeous kitty! I would love to gently pet your full, floofy coat - perhaps your people will give you some extra petting for me.

How wonderful, too, that you and your family are doing such good work to improve the lives of countless kitties! That is a very special thing to do. Happy, happy Cat of the Day to The Oreo Cat !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Oreo, what a stunningly gorgeous young man you are! That thick, fluffy Tuxedo fur, that sweet face with the two-tone nose and the lovely green eyes with such a look of love and wonder in them. What a great photo collection you've posted here. I wish I could reach through the screen up to Boucherville, Quebec to pet you! I can't, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you a whole lot for me.

And what an utterly amazing, touching, heartbreaking, inspiring story you have to tell! From more than one early near-death experience, you were so carefully and so lovingly nursed to good health. Such good, kind, wonderful, compassionate people you had the good fortune to meet up with! God bless them, and God bless you for meeting up with them. First, the couple, your auntie and uncle who rescued you and your sister Patches after mother didn't come for you, brought you home, and cared for you. Then when auntie's allergies proved too great, you moved in with your Purrrents as fosters.

Patches was adopted to go to a new Furrrever home after six weeks, but you continued to be sickly and then nearly died. You were found face down, not breathing. Meowmie remembered an animal CPR demonstration and worked on you with it.. and then you started breathing again! Then you went to the vets, who cleared their schedule to take care of you. You came back home, to be nursed back to good health with round-the-clock attention and feeding, and that's when your Purrrents became your Purrrmanent family. And now you are a healthy and happy kitten, growing up to be a great cat!

You are also a renowned author, with two books on Amazon, and you are raising money for and teaching children about the Paw Project, dedicated to educating the public about the painful and crippling effects of feline declawing, promoting animal welfare through the abolition of the practice of declaw surgery, and rehabilitating cats that have been declawed. What an amazing kitty you are.. You are helping so many other kitties now!

Congratulations, darling Oreo, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Patches and your Purrrents and auntie and uncle and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oreo is awesome! What a dashing cat! Congratulations Oreo! So glad you were rescued.

Awesome oreo

YOUR PICTURES ARE SO PRECIOUS, AND IM IN LOVE WITH THE LITTLE PIECE OF BLACK ON YOUR NOSE! THE BOW-TIES ARE GREAT AND THE PAW PROJECT SOUNDS GREAT, YOU ARE CERTAINLY QUITE THE ADVOCATE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD---OF FELINES!TOTALLY COOL- HAPPY COTD SUSANSWATLIN518