Thread: Darling Daxton

Darling Daxton

What a handsome boy you are, Daxton - your coat has so many colors of fur in it, and looks so very soft! You have the distinction of being the very first Caucasian Ovcharka to be Dog of the Day, too! How scary it must have been when you came down with parvo when you were first in America! We are so glad your parents knew what to do, and got you the care you need to survive that virus that kills so many puppies! No one would ever think, to look at your big, fuzzy self now, that you were ever small and sickly! It is more wonderful, though, that you are a natural at picking up on your mom's debilitating migraines, and helping her through them when it happens. You really are a blessing in a big furry package! Congratulations, Daxton - you are now Dog of the Day for the whole world to see! Maybe even your breeder in Croatia!
    I've Been Frosted

You are the first Caucasian Ovcharka I have seen, Daxton. Congrats on being DOTD!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Wow, what a gorgeous boy you are Daxton!!! How wonderful that you can help your person when she is ill.

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope this is a special day for you and your person!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Daxton

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day and welcome to the USA.
    What a handsome boy. I bet you get lots of compliments.
    Your service dog training is a wonderful thing.
    Celebrate your special day.

Amazing Daxton!

Greetings Daxton! Happy Dog of the Day!

What an honor, having not only the rare Caucasian Ovcharka (a Pet Talk/Dog of the Day 1st) as our featured honoree, but one so extra special, so deserving! You're a beauty, Daxton, in body and in heart, with one incredible story to tell!

Your long journey home, traveling all the way from Croatia to America, was trying enough on a puppy! But to think that after stoically enduring that long plane ride home you were diagnosed with the potentially fatal Parvo virus is utterly heartbreaking! But thanks to your parents unwavering commitment you not only survived, but thrived! And how lovingly you are repaying the unconditional love and compassion shown you through your service work, your amazing ability to predict the onset of your mommy's scary migraines, and should they occur, provide treatment! Your family is one lucky bunch, having a comforter and healer, a protector, a loyal and loving best friend for life, in you, sweetheart! You couldn't have been more perfectly named, having overcome such adversity, and now it's your time to shine as you carry on your life's work, brightening not only your humans' lives, but the lives of all you meet!

Enjoy your well earned day of honor, beautiful boy, being loved and pampered to pieces by your proud parents!
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, amazing Daxton, Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

It has been many years since I lived in the same space with a dog, so it can be easy for me to forget just what wonderful companions they can be... and then along comes a wonderful furry personage like Daxton to remind me.

Hello Daxton, it's a pleasure to meet you. You're very handsome and intelligent. How very helpful lthat you can predict when your human is coming down with a migraine. No doubt you are a wonderful service dog. I hope you have many happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

Oh, beautiful Daxton! You have definitely overcome adversity in your life! You are super-smart, and you are helping your person deal with the challenges of migraines. You are developing therapy dog skills! You are protective of your people when a visitor comes to your house. You are also gorgeous - with your full, fluffy coat! I would love to gently pet you, serve you a yummy dog treat, or help you play with your favorite toy! What a wonderful doggie guy you are! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to amazing Daxton!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Big hugs to Daxton, most wonderful DOTD!