Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Pet Talkers (small update post 25)

We're sending along loads of good wishes that all goes well for you and Jasper and the Labs. And your car too!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hugs to you, Jasper, and the rest of the gang.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you everyone!

Last night I had a bit of a meltdown after I got a poor grade on a homework assignment that I had been really proud of, followed by one of the labs bringing his full water bowl to me and dropping it on the floor, resulting in broken glass and water everywhere, followed by the same dog eating a pack of post-its and a roll of toilet paper while I was cleaning up the glass.

Today is looking better. *fingers crossed*

Omigosh! Here's hoping that today keeps on being better than yesterday!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Well, this weekend went badly. I'm still here until tomorrow. This morning, the lab puppy got a hold of and chewed up my glasses. $440 later I have new glasses, but I'm only being paid $150 for this weekend, so I am less than thrilled about this outcome, and furious with myself for leaving them on the kitchen table where I should have known he could get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Well, this weekend went badly. I'm still here until tomorrow. This morning, the lab puppy got a hold of and chewed up my glasses. $440 later I have new glasses, but I'm only being paid $150 for this weekend, so I am less than thrilled about this outcome, and furious with myself for leaving them on the kitchen table where I should have known he could get to them.
    Why not order glasses online - Zenni and Goggles4U are much, much, much, much less expensive, even for me with my massively strong and complex prescription!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Why not order glasses online - Zenni and Goggles4U are much, much, much, much less expensive, even for me with my massively strong and complex prescription!
    Honestly, I just didn't know that was an option. :/ I got a ride to LensCrafters since I absolutely cannot drive without my glasses, especially since my area is being hit with a storm right now, and they had my lenses in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Honestly, I just didn't know that was an option. :/ I got a ride to LensCrafters since I absolutely cannot drive without my glasses, especially since my area is being hit with a storm right now, and they had my lenses in stock.

When you pick these up, ask for a copy of your prescription, and a measurement of your pupillary distance, which you will need to order online. Then you can order your self a pair for less than a tenth of that price, and have spares you can have just in case.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    When you pick these up, ask for a copy of your prescription, and a measurement of your pupillary distance, which you will need to order online. Then you can order your self a pair for less than a tenth of that price, and have spares you can have just in case.
    Fantastic, thank you!

I just wanted to update everyone - I had an interview today for a second job that would allow for VERY flexible hours. I'm excited, and it sounds like they are excited to have me. It's most likely minimum wage, at least at first, but the flexibility of the hours will make it worth it...plus, I did NOT want to quit my current job, which I absolutely love.

Well, that sounds like good news! Congratulations! I'm so glad for you.

Death thought about it.

Congratulations.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Great news! Fingers crossed that you get the job!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda