Thread: Ambassador Otis

Ambassador Otis

What a handsome sleek black kitty you are, Otis, we do not know how you landed at a shelter in the first place, but you certainly chose well when your forever humans walked in all those years ago. It is great you got along immediately with their existing kitty, and then proved you get along with canine siblings and friends as well. We are glad you have taken on the ambassadorial role when new foster critters come through, and I am sure that helps them feel not only welcome, but safer. We are glad you are sticking around, even if your mom has the cabinets locked and freezer bungee-corded shut! Congratulations, Otis (were you named for Otis Reading, I wonder?) - you are Cat of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

H otis

HELLO THERE! SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH YOU AROUND/ AND AROUND AND AROUND! YOU HAVE A WONDERFULLY FUNNY STORY! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET HUMANS UP AND SERVING BY 4 OR 5 IN THE MORNING, AND YOU MUST RULE THE HOUSE! BLESS YOU, LITTLE AMBASSADOR! SUSANSWATLIN518

Congrats on being COTD, handsome Otis.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Otis

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day.
    It sounds like you are a real character and your person has to try to outsmart you.
    That is not always an easy thing to do. This is the voice of experience.
    Celebrate your special day with some extra treats, but please let your person give them to you.

Dearest Otis, what a beautiful, sleek ebony kitty you are! You are stunning, with that shiny black fur with the white patch on your chest, and your lovely green eyes. You look like you are full of energy and mischief. I wish I could reach through the screen to Chicago to pet you, and Stubby and Indy too! Oh, well, since I can't, I'm sure your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you all a whole lot for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You are full of energy and mischief indeed, aren't you. You are full of fun, playing with Stubby and Indy and hunting down hidden treats and surprises in cabinets and the freezer (and isn't it too bad that that door was bungee-cord shut) and welcoming all the four-legged and some two-legged newcomers. What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Otis, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Stubby and Indy and Meowmie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe even some from the freezer!

Last edited by phesina; 01-29-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We Found Cats can see you Otis, Stubby and Indy all together , all having the times of your lives.
    It must be a little chaotic there , but that is all right as there is also a whole lot of fun.

We know that Black Cats for some reason are not adopted as quickly as other colors and shades and that is so sad as Panther and Ebony Beau Tubster Two are such great loving Cats ,part of our family.

We are sending a three way MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Terrific Trio Stubby , Indy and Our New Cat of the Day Owesome Otis.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hilarious!

I have to say that my favorite stories are when they are told from the perspective of the cat. Love those cat caption pictures too! I see lots of people writing that their cats love plastic bags (mine do too from time to time) and just wanted to let you know that apparently it is not only the feeling of it, cool against their skin, it is also the oils that the manufacturer uses to make the bags not stick together in the store. Cats smell and like to lick the oil - my vet said that it is sometimes showing an acid problem in their stomachs and this oil helps to relieve it. However, I did have a vet who wouldn't believe me that my cat had a plastic bag fetish (we all know that it happens though don't we!).
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Hello, handsome blackie kitty Otis! Your coat is so sleek and shiny! What a gorgeous kitty guy you are! I smiled as I read your biography and learned about all the things you like to do - such as waking your mom at 4 AM for breakfast , playing with Q-tips, hunting for surprises in the cabinets, and especially having fun with Indy and Stubby! You have an important job, too- helping foster guests feel safe and welcome with you! But especially being your beautiful, wonderful self. PURR-fect! I would love to gently pet you ... since I can't (I'm in DuPage County), I hope your mom will give you some extra petting and lovies for me ... some for Indy and Stubby too, please! Happy, happy Cat of the Day to wonderful Otis!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Why can't MY parcel deliveries be a box of cat?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Blog Entries
    Awww, Otis is a guy after my own heart, sounds like he keeps very busy around home! So glad he's got lots a buddies to play with and a mom to try and keep him a tad in line. Alas, I have to hide all the plastic around here, as Mia chews it every chance she gets! Brats, what would we do without 'em eh?

Adorable Otis!

Happy Cat of the Day, Ambassador Otis!

What a stunning ebony boy you are, with quite the story to tell! Thanks so much for taking the time to paw off a note to us, Otis! Reading your back story, gazing over your photo spread, is the perfect ending to my day! You sure do have a way with words, Otis, and those words doubly delightful when it's a self tribute as entertaining as yours! What a character you are, Otis! But seriously? You can open the freezer door? Not even any of my food obsessed Labs have been able to manage that one! You and Indy truly are partners in crime! What a scamp, what a love bug, what a most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day, you are! If anyone out there should hesitate for a moment, regarding the great rewards of rescue, they need only met you! How lucky your family is to have you in their lives, Otis! You're the bomb!

Hope you and Stubby and Indy are all enjoying a very special, fun filled day of revelry, being spoiled rotten! You all deserve it! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, adorable Otis, and to Stubby and Indy too!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Otis what a stunning fellow you are!!!

I'm a big fan of ebony cats and have 3 of my own. My 14 year old Chester said to tell you that you are still in your prime with lots of fun still coming your way!!! He has been admiring your picture over my shoulder!!! Please thank your family for sharing you with us!!!

Congratulations, sweet Otis, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

Dear Otis,

You are one gorgeous pussycat. Our youngest, Raven was born in our house. His mother (whom we fostered and placed in a wonderful home) is pure white so we called her Ivory; his Daddy was a big Tom whom we named Ebony. Raven has a baby brother named Licorice; he lives in Toronto, Canada.

Raven and the Kitties send bunches of purrs and figure 8's to you on this very special day -- you being Cat of The Day.

The other kitties:

Felix the Maine Coon; Rascal the Silver/Grey Tabby; Puss~n~Boots who is a big Orange boy; Oreo the white kitty who sports big grey spots on his lovely white fur coat; and the only girl kitty, Beauty who looks like Rascal -- but smaller. Beauty has white toes on her paws which Rascal does not have -- all send you congratulations on being chosen Cat of the Day for 29th January 2014.

Our cats are all rescues; we currently feed 4 kitties who dine daily every second day, a very young black kitty comes to dine too. Our goal is: Trap, Sterilize and Release all kitties who come to dine. We also pay for basic protection inoculations like Rabies vaccine and whatever else our Veterinarian decides the kitties need.

So, dear Otis, I guess you've figured out that we love, love, love KITTIES.

Live long, healthy, happy, loved and safe precious one.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Otis you rock!!!!!!!!! Congratulations COTD Otis!

Concatulations on being COTD dearest Otis. Black cats rule