Thread: Sweet Dee Survivor

Sweet Dee Survivor

Oh, pretty girl, what a sad, scary life you had before your rescue! That you were so hungry you ate rocks, and had puppies to provide for it is a miracle you all survived. A pox on those people that abandoned and abused you. We are so glad you were rescued, and your puppies all got home, too. It is wonderful your new forever family saw past your color and looks, as well as you behavior issues straight to your heart, and knew you were the dog for them! And sure enough, some food, love, care and training, and you are now not only shiny and beautiful, but more importantly, healthy and extremely polite! I bet no one ever bother to try to leash train you, or work on manners before, as you took to it so well once you were secure! You are living proof that "big black dogs" can be diamonds in the rough. Keep on shining, Sweet Dee - you are Dog of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

She's a thankful girl!

I love success stories like this one.. thank God you guys came along. Give her a smooch from me..

Sweet Dee

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    It didn't take you long to realize you have it made and to act appropriately.
    You are a beautiful, shiny girl. Hope your puppies have as good of a home as you do.
    Celebrate your special day.

You're a beauty Sweet Dee!!! After a sad start in life, thank goodness you ended up in a wonderful home.

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope you have a fun day celebrating!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congrats on being DOTd, beautiful Dee!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Sweet Dee the Survivor!

Happy Dog of the Day, beautiful Dee!

Oh, what an unspeakable start at life you and your babies had, Dee! My beloved Husky X, Cody, now at the Rainbow Bridge, resorted to eating rocks too before she was rescued! I can only imagine the courage, the strength, physical and emotional it took for you to hold on before your rescuers could find their way to you. But somehow you managed to do just that! And though it was a bit of a wait before your forever family finally would their way to you, they did, a forever family who sensed the diamond in the rough that you were! It definitely was a case of love at first sight for them, an immediate connection made, and clearly that was the case for you as well! All it took was that "just right" fit to be made for your true personality, your loving spirit to shine through! And oh, what a transformation was made, and in record time! The fact that you had only been with your family for a mere few weeks before they would nominate you for Dog of the Day says it all!

It's now been nearly a month, and she is a dog transformed. She walks politely on leash, comes when she is called, plays with other dogs, greets newcomers politely, and no longer vocalizes inappropriately.
    And you know how I know what a heavenly match you and your family make, Dee? They are as grateful for you, as you are for them! Talk about happy endings, happy new beginnings! Heartwarming, inspirational, life affirming stories such as yours, Dee, are what make Sundays here on Dog of the Day so very special! Your family is so very blessed, having a beautiful (inside and out), well mannered, smart, loving furkid in you, Dee, and I just know that the love they have for you, and you for them, will only grow stronger with each passing day!

Thanks for starting my morning off with a BIG smile, sweet baby girl! Meeting you today, reading all about your happy new life, looking at all of your heart melting photos, has made my day! Enjoy YOUR much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Dee, Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Sweet Dee is such a beautiful girl, so glad her life turned around! She deserves the best, please forward hugs and a smooch!

Hello, You really are a sweet girl, aren't you, Sweet Dee. What a wonderful "Before' and "After" story. I got tears in my eyes reading that you had eaten rocks because you were so hungry. I'm positive your rock eating days are over because you'll never be that hungry again. I am so glad you and your family have found each other and love each other. I hope you have many happy healthy years ahead with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

Dearest Sweet Dee, what a beautiful dog you are, and what a beautiful story your person has to tell here. God bless you, in your wonderful Furrrever home now after an utterly horrendous start in life, and God bless your rescuers and the loving family who then adopted you.

Congratulations, darling Sweet Dee, on being chosen today's Dog of the Day! May you and your dear family members and all your friends enjoy a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats and games.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Survivor Sweet Dee! I agree with everything that everyone has already said! You are such a pretty girl and now you are going to have a wonderful, happy, fun life! I would love to watch you follow your people around - maybe there is something good when together you get to where you're going, such as a yummy treat, petting time, or playing with a fun toy! Or to be on the receiving end of your greeting, I would have to give you zillions of petting to say hello! Happy Dog of the Day to Sweet Dee!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678